diy solar

diy solar

MPPSolar LV2424 will not power up.

bhunter616

Greetings. I purchased an MPPSolar LV2424 and connected my DIY 24v Powerwall from BigBattery and the LV2424 refuses to power up. Indicator on the Powerwall indicates 25.5v, I've measured 25.3v going through the cables to the LV2424. Yet when I hit the power switch... nothing. I removed the LV2424 cover and checked the main fuse. Visually it looks fine. Resistance test fluctuated between 0.0 and 0.1. Communicating with the tech's at MPPSolar support, they've sent me instructions on disassembling the unit (completely) to review board connections with heat-sinks! Yikes...

Anyone else experience this? Thoughts?

Pos and negative in correct location? It's hard to read the labels buried like they are in that box. There is also a delay from hitting the switch to it coming on. My first time I was like WTF did I do wrong?

Yep, checked that as I'd read it's happened to folks before. Guess I'll follow their instructions to see what happens. If nothing else it will be a refresh on electronics at a base level :)

21.9 & 21.7
200 mv drop over the wire is fairly large.
Is there current flowing?
That is getting pretty darn low for a lifepo4 battery.
Might be below the low voltage cutoff for the all in one.
Do you have an alternate means to charge the battery?

Seem I need to get a 24V battery charger. I had changed low voltage cutoff to 22.0, which I believe is OK for the battery, but had not realized the LV2424 requires 23v for startup. :-(

Back