diy solar

diy solar

MPPSolar PIP-2430GK USBmicrocable to Laptop? Bleep, not reconized??

Philip71

Hi, I like to use my laptop and Watchpower to look at the details of my PIP-2430gk off-grid inverter. It has Bluetooth and USB connectivity. But both don't like t work on Windows Laptop. The direct USBmicro cable, tells windows there is something new, but after while it is not reconized... So not functional. The bluetooth connection seems to work only with my android phone. I ould like to connect this signal also to my laptop.

I live off-grid now for a few months. My setup: 8 scrapy thinfilm panels in two strings parallel, this MppSolar PIP-2430GK, high voltage solar input power, with an Lishen 280Ah,8s 24volt LiFePO4 batterypack. Every day I have enough power to use lights, laptop, LED TV, few times water cooker.

I want to see and log more details, if anyone has better ideas, different programmes. pls!

Thanks! Philip - The Netherlands

many things from china use a ch340 type serial driver chipset...you may need to "manually" download the driver.
There is another thing that can make the serial driver not work. Many driver vendors have started to "disable" support for what their drivers decide is a clone chip. This is often the case with prolific chipsets; what you need to do is get OLD drivers that do not try and validate the hardware.
You cannot actually blame the actual manufacturers for making their drivers fail to support clones, sadly, it almost impossible to tell by looking at anything if its a clone or not.
You may want to hunt down a program called usbdview.exe; this will show you detailed information about the use devices vendor and product id which will help you identify the driver needed.

it is an irritating problem but solvable hehe

Hi, same trouble at first sight with my PIPMAX8048, but I succeeded only with a female USB/DB9-RS232 adaptator (https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B00IDSM6BW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and plugged into the DB9-RS232 cable provided by MPP Solar (which is connected with a plug like a RJ45).
The miniUSB is for firmware update, and the Wifi module (I don't know if you have that in your model) has never worked..
Hope this could help you.

Back