diy solar

diy solar

MPPSolar PIP-LV-MK Questions

lincomatic

I have a 3048PIP-LV-MK, and am having 2 issues with it.

1) Is it supposed to be able to charge from the grid in SBU mode when there isn't any solar energy coming in? The display shows it charging, but no current is sent to the battery unless I switch it to UCB or SUB mode
2) It can't run down to the set cut off voltage. I am trying to capacity test my battery with it. I have the Low DC Cut Off Voltage (setting 29) set to 40V, yet, when it hits around 44V, it turns off the inverter, and then shuts down completely. I noticed that Setting voltage point back to utility source when selecting “SBU” (SBU priority) or “SUB” (Solar first) in program 01 (setting 12) has a lower limit of 44V, which is kind of strange .. shouldn't this lower limit be the same as setting 29? But nevertheless, even with the grid disconnected, the unit just refuses to stay on below 44V, regardless of setting 29.

Am I misinterpreting how this thing is supposed to work?

Also, does anyone know where to download the latest firmware updates?

I have a 3048PIP-LV-MK, and am having 2 issues with it.

1) Is it supposed to be able to charge from the grid in SBU mode when there isn't any solar energy coming in? The display shows it charging, but no current is sent to the battery unless I switch it to UCB or SUB mode

Only if the battery voltage drops.

2) It can't run down to the set cut off voltage. I am trying to capacity test my battery with it. I have the Low DC Cut Off Voltage (setting 29) set to 40V, yet, when it hits around 44V, it turns off the inverter, and then shuts down completely. I noticed that Setting voltage point back to utility source when selecting “SBU” (SBU priority) or “SUB” (Solar first) in program 01 (setting 12) has a lower limit of 44V, which is kind of strange .. shouldn't this lower limit be the same as setting 29? But nevertheless, even with the grid disconnected, the unit just refuses to stay on below 44V, regardless of setting 29.

You've found the problem. You can't override 44V min. It's a setting specifically for the purpose of transitioning back - not for cutting off due to low voltage. It's two separate behaviors.

At 44V min, you're at 2.75V/cell for LFP, and they have VERY little left in them at that point. If lead-acid, you're damn close to dead. In either case, you likely have less than 5-10% capacity left.

Am I misinterpreting how this thing is supposed to work?

Yep.
Also, does anyone know where to download the latest firmware updates?

Nope. Check with your vendor.

Only if the battery voltage drops.
Drops to what value? I don't see a setting to tell it at what voltage to start charging. When the battery is at 45V, it refuses to charge from the grid, unless I switch it out of SBU mode, even though the LCD clearly shows that it's supposed to be charging

You've found the problem. You can't override 44V min. It's a setting specifically for the purpose of transitioning back - not for cutting off due to low voltage. It's two separate behaviors.

At 44V min, you're at 2.75V/cell for LFP, and they have VERY little left in them at that point. If lead-acid, you're damn close to dead. In either case, you likely have less than 5-10% capacity left.
Yes, I know they're supposed to be separate behaviors.. maybe it's just a coincidence that it shuts down @ 44V. But I don't understand why it shuts down @ 44V instead of the 40V that I set the DC low voltage cutoff.
I know that it's useless to run LFP cells too low.. as I stated above, I'm trying to run a capacity test. In regular operation, I'm going to set it to cut off the cells at 3.0V

Drops to what value? I don't see a setting to tell it at what voltage to start charging. When the battery is at 45V, it refuses to charge from the grid, unless I switch it out of SBU mode, even though the LCD clearly shows that it's supposed to be charging

Yes, I know they're supposed to be separate behaviors.. maybe it's just a coincidence that it shuts down @ 44V. But I don't understand why it shuts down @ 44V instead of the 40V that I set the DC low voltage cutoff.
I know that it's useless to run LFP cells too low.. as I stated above, I'm trying to run a capacity test. In regular operation, I'm going to set it to cut off the cells at 3.0V

Unfortunately, it sounds like it's not behaving as designed. I'd contact your vendor. Maybe a firmware update or replacement?

Hi, sorry, I'm mingling here ...
But I have a little bit the same challenge with my inverter (pip 3048LV-MK)... just the opposite ... I want it not to charge from the mains.
Right now the setting is in menu 16: sbl - UCb
I have a hard time figuring out which setting I should replace UCb with is there anyone who can help with a list of options...
Now you are probably wondering why I ask in this way ... I stand in front of the inverter .. nop I am in the hospital and I have a friend who is trying to help me solve the problem .. but he is not super technically gifted .. so therefore..
Can you help me.

Back