diy solar

diy solar

MppSolar Web Software

GreenPower

Hi all,

Here's a sample of my website software that I have been working on, I have an MppSolar MPI 5.5K Hybrid Inverter.
It runs on any Linux system like a Raspberry Pi and communicates directly using USB to Serial rs232.
I also have code to Suit the Hybrid V / V2 and Non Hybrid Models
Written in Perl, PHP, Uses RRD graphs.

Features:
User Input: Sending commands
Automatic Timer Function : On/Off Peak settings
Reads Next Days Weather Forecast and Sets the Depth of Discharge for that night.
Automatic Ac Charging Boost: Reading overall grid export and can turn On/Off AC Charger and adjust Amps.

Can read data from any BMS and Make Automatic adjustment to the charge settings for Using Lifep04 Batteries

Its still under development.

Attachments

• Mpi55k.jpeg
    Mpi55k.jpeg
    824.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Lifep04.PNG
    Lifep04.PNG
    16.7 KB · Views: 49
Are online resources available for building the software?

I'm assuming MPPSolar has provided the API and/or the drivers; do they support Golang or Rust?

Also I don't have a Pi; can it be done on a Raspbian guest VM?

Are online resources available for building the software?

I'm assuming MPPSolar has provided the API and/or the drivers; do they support Golang or Rust?

Also I don't have a Pi; can it be done on a Raspbian guest VM?
I'm actually using ESXi on a older macbook and running Debian VM, so a Pi is not really necessary, it could be easier for some.
Just as long as your Hypervisor allows you to pass on USB to the VM.

Once I clean up the code, I will look for programmers to contribute and possibly put up on GitHub.

cheers
Dario

Hi all,

Here's a sample of my website software that I have been working on, I have an MppSolar MPI 5.5K Hybrid Inverter.
It runs on any Linux system like a Raspberry Pi and communicates directly using USB to Serial rs232.
I also have code to Suit the Hybrid V / V2 and Non Hybrid Models
Written in Perl, PHP, Uses RRD graphs.

Features:
User Input: Sending commands
Automatic Timer Function : On/Off Peak settings
Reads Next Days Weather Forecast and Sets the Depth of Discharge for that night.
Automatic Ac Charging Boost: Reading overall grid export and can turn On/Off AC Charger and adjust Amps.

Can read data from any BMS and Make Automatic adjustment to the charge settings for Using Lifep04 Batteries

Its still under development.
cool stuff. I i have about 5 mppsolar inverters from 5k to 11kw something like this would be really nice and helpful. specially if this gets contributed by the community. currently there are like 3-4 similar programs and non of them is complete i think the reason is not being open source.

anyways can't wait to see what you come up with.

Back