diy solar

diy solar

MPPT 40A OR 60A?

zigeun

I decided to go 24v for my rv. prr your recommended EPEVER 40 Amp MPPT Solar Charge Controller, which can cover max 2000w panel. but its spec indicates its 1200W Panel on 24v Battery System. so my question is: is it safe to use this 40A controller to take in total 2000W panel input?

What is the model of this EPEVER 40A? 4210AN?
If the higher current unit price is not much higher than the 40A model I would go for higher rating since you have 2000W of panels, but what ever you do, you must not exceed the PV input Voltage rating in cold weather. According to the manual page 9:
According to “Peak Sun Hours diagram”, if the power of PV array exceeds the rated charging power of controller, then the charging time as per the rated power will be prolonged, so that more energy can be obtained for charging the battery. However, in the practical application, the maximum power of PV array shall be not greater than 1.5 x the rated charging power of controller. If the maximum power of PV array exceeds the rated charging power of controller too much, it will not only cause the waste of PV modules, but also increase the open-circuit voltage of PV array due to the influence of environmental temperature, which may make the probability of damage to the controller rise. Therefore, it is very important to configure the system reasonably. For the recommended maximum power of PV array for this controller, please refer to the table below:

Attachments

• Tracer-AN-SMS-EL-V1.0.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Back