diy solar

diy solar

MPPT and PWM in portable system

Joseiac

I purchased the ecoflow river pro 600 battery (has built in MPPT controller). I would like to know if I can use my Twelseavan 120W solar panel model HYD-T40(with built in pwm controller) to charge my new River Pro battery?

the solar panel requirement is 200W 10-25V DC 12A max for R600/River 600 series.

The Twelseavan specs are 120 watt, 18V/6.6A max

I don’t know enough to know if I can use a panel with PWM to charge a battery that has MPPT or if it even matters.

would be grateful for any insite.

i think i mistook the box on the diagram for the box that is attached to the panel pocket where you plug stuff in as the PMW charge controller. See attached photo. so it looks like I would need an additional charge controller (that did not come with the panel). OR do I not need one if the River pro battery box has a built in MPPT charge controller?

Attachments

• diagram.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 1
this pitcher from the amazon listing shows the MC4 cable goes directly to the River pro if i am seeing it correctly?
1622660354104.png

i think i mistook the box on the diagram for the box that is attached to the panel pocket where you plug stuff in as the PMW charge controller. See attached photo. so it looks like I would need an additional charge controller (that did not come with the panel). OR do I not need one if the River pro battery box has a built in MPPT charge controller?
That diagram shows a Separate PWM SCC that is Not built into the panel.

You just have a regular panel so plug it into your River that has a built in SCC.

Dunno why you would think you need another SCC when the River and all Solar Generators have one built in.

Back