diy solar

diy solar

MRBF - Can you use on the battery terminal w/out fuses?

mmlco

I am wondering if the Blue Sea dual MRBF can be used as just a battery post extender/adapter without fuses? This is for an RV with 2 6v in series batteries. I have already planned to use a class T fuse for my inverter load.

Thanks so much for input.

Honestly, nothing is stopping you on your RV build about what to do.

In my RV build, I opted for Class T or ABYCC main battery protect rated fuses and used proper fuse horders. Those take up a bit more space than one would think and I was tempted to not put in a holder, but opted against it. There’s got to be a reason those fuse holders have an official rating.

My first build was four 6 volt FLA batteries in a 2s2p config for 12 volts and updated to 4S for 24 volts, and I did not use fuses for individual batteries. I did fuse with an ANL fuse in an ANL fuse holder.

My upgrade was to lithium. I have 2 batteries of 8S 280 ah cells, and each of those batteries is individually fused with a class T fuse and holder and then again once combined with a class t fuse and holder. The fusing and busbars took up as much space as a battery. I was tempted to do things like you were saying, but opted against it.

Thank you chrisski. I'm just looking to tidy up the terminals because I'm keeping the generator wire out of the inverter circuit (which will have the Class T close to the batteries). I do have the MRBF fuses for both. I think it is redundant when my goal is a tidy positive battery post.

Without the fuse in place there is no continuity , the fuse studs are isolated.

Back