diy solar

diy solar

Mrbf Terminal Fuse instead of Class T

railcon56

I will have 4 12v batteries. I do have 2 class T fuse in hand. But I am going to put an Mbr fuse on each battery and, then a 200 Amp Blue Sea breaker after the fuse and then into a victron power in. Is this safe?

Last edited:
I will have 4 12v batteries. I do have 2 class T fuse in hand. But I am going to put an Mbr fuse on each battery and, then a 200 Amp Blue Sea breaker after the fuse and then into a victron power in. Is this safe?
Do you mean MRBF=marine rated battery fuse?
What is the amp hour rating for the batteries?
What is the battery chemistry?

I bought my same style fuse from baymarine, they were very good to deal with, and when a couple items were missing on arrival they promptly sent those items at their shipping cost.

I bought my same style fuse from baymarine, they were very good to deal with, and when a couple items were missing on arrival they promptly sent those items at their shipping cost.
Yeah I ordered 4 and 2 spares.

The Class T fuse size depends on how much you're going to draw from the battery bank. At first blush, 200 amp seems undersized.

300 amp for the fuses. The circuit breakers are disconnects and minimal protection. I will have a 400 or 300 amp mega fuse also in the power distributor..

The Class T fuse size depends on how much you're going to draw from the battery bank. At first blush, 200 amp seems undersized.
The Bms rating is 150 amp for each battery. 200 for the circuit breakers is enough.. at least I hope so.

What is the size of the wire conductor you are using to connect to battery? What bms is it?

@railcon56, your description of your system is all over the place. I'm not sure what the heck you have. To ensure you're getting the best advice, I strongly suggest you step back and create a system diagram.

I'll have 4 300ah batteries each one will have a 150 amp BMS
300 amp Terminal fuses on each battery
going into a blue sea 200 amp Circuit breaker on each Battery 4/0 cable
then into the Battery Combiner (Victron Power IN)
400 amp mega fuse in Victron Power Distributor.

I'll have 4 300ah batteries each one will have a 150 amp BMS
300 amp Terminal fuses on each battery
going into a blue sea 200 amp Circuit breaker on each Battery 4/0 cable
then into the Battery Combiner (Victron Power IN)
400 amp mega fuse in Victron Power Distributor.

Diagram please. You know what you have in mind, but we don't. I would rather not try to read into what you wrote. Include the rest of the system. Inverter, chargers, other loads, etc.

Like HRTKD said, can you draw this on dot grid quick? What inverter are you running at how many watts?

build (1)1024_1.jpg
Ok It's not pretty but here it is. The terminal fuses are 300 amp... highest I could find. The 12V system is 30 amp fuse and circuit breaker.

Back