diy solar

diy solar

MT-50 settings.

Heybob

Hi members,
I have a 200w folding solar panel, 130ah AGM battery and a Epever 40a BN series MPPT. I have just bought a MT-50 remote monitor for this setup. Can any member advise what the settings on the monitor should be for this setup please. I also have a temperature sensor for this setup. Thank you. Heybob.

Last edited:
AGM = "GEL", in the EpEver settings menu. Just go ahead and select that "Battery Type" in the menu (it's one of the very first questions/options). You have no need to use 'custom' settings at all.

I thi
AGM = "GEL", in the EpEver settings menu.

The BN model has separate SEALED and GEL presets; don't remember if the A-series did or not.

bob, check out page 15 of the manual. I suspect the default SEALED profile will be close enough., but I'd check to see which profile most closely matches the battery manufacturer charging recommendations. After you get comfortable with the controller you can use the USER profile to precisely match the mfg recommendations. The programming order can be a little finicky.

AGM = "GEL", in the EpEver settings menu. Just go ahead and select that "Battery Type" in the menu (it's one of the very first questions/options). You have no need to use 'custom' settings at all.
Thank you for your help rickst29. Being very new to solar I really do need help. Thank you once again for your input. Heybob.

I thi

The BN model has separate SEALED and GEL presets; don't remember if the A-series did or not.

bob, check out page 15 of the manual. I suspect the default SEALED profile will be close enough., but I'd check to see which profile most closely matches the battery manufacturer charging recommendations. After you get comfortable with the controller you can use the USER profile to precisely match the mfg recommendations. The programming order can be a little finicky.
Hi fratermus, thank you for your input, I will check out the manual and will find out the Battery Manufacturers charging recommendations. I have a lot to learn about solar. Thank you once again for your help. Heybob.

IMPORTANT: The EpEver label is referring to phrase "Sealed Lead Acid", And it includes high-voltage "Equalize" Charging. You must not perform 14.6V 'equalize' charging on an AGM battery! Use the Gel setting.

Hi rickst29, thank you for your input on "Equalize" charging on a AGM battery. Thank you for the heads up, I will use the Gel setting. Heybob.

Hi Pollenface, I do not no much about the equalize function either, but I will learn from members such as yourself. Thank you. Heybob.

Thank you for that heads up I'll go through those numbers but you're probably right you seem a little more experience than me and I know not to argue with people who know more than me thank you again appreciate all your help

Back