diy solar

diy solar

Multi shutdown with microwave on

moonlitsouls

Ok so I tested the microwave with a 3000w multiplus , got a low battery alarm and it shut down. Currently at 12.9 volts with approx 30% SOC

The cable in place is not to spec, I have 2 awg cable between the multi and the bus bars but it should actually be 4/0. (Ordered)

When the microwave was on, I saw the voltage drop considerably at the BMS , why is this happening?

Your currently undersized (2AWG) wire is causing too much voltage drop. The proper (4/0AWG) wire should alleviate the issue.

Your currently undersized (2AWG) wire is causing too much voltage drop. The proper (4/0AWG) wire should alleviate the issue.
Copy. Correct wire on the way

Btw - thanks for all the replies the last couple weeks. You’ve been a big help

Since you've had a rash of issues lately, you may wish to post a complete schematic of your system showing all relevant specs, wire sizes, fuses, breakers, etc. and get some final review. If you had the wrong wire here then there may be other things that need adjusting. Let's be safe.

Since you've had a rash of issues lately, you may wish to post a complete schematic of your system showing all relevant specs, wire sizes, fuses, breakers, etc. and get some final review. If you had the wrong wire here then there may be other things that need adjusting. Let's be safe.
Yeah that’s a great idea. Will do

Back