diy solar

diy solar

Multiple battery

Yes. His rule of thumb was that major items needed to be UL listed. My biggest challenge was the solar panels which are Q Cell 385s. Even though they are on a ground mount 100' + from the house and are from a major manufacturer he wanted them UL listed. Ironically the model I had quoted (G5) did not list the UL marking but the model before and after (G4 and G6) had it. I chalked it up to marketing oversight and he agreed and allowed me to move fwd.. It is a completely double edged sword with the power the local inspectors have in how they can interpret the regulations that can make it difficult for a DIYer or give someone a break. The biggest lesson I learned is to just keep to the facts and no small talk since as soon as you start talking about ideas they might like one and ask you to incorporate it and that has cost me time and $$$. Get them in and get them out... asap.

Yes. His rule of thumb was that major items needed to be UL listed. My biggest challenge was the solar panels which are Q Cell 385s. Even though they are on a ground mount 100' + from the house and are from a major manufacturer he wanted them UL listed. Ironically the model I had quoted (G5) did not list the UL marking but the model before and after (G4 and G6) had it. I chalked it up to marketing oversight and he agreed and allowed me to move fwd.. It is a completely double edged sword with the power the local inspectors have in how they can interpret the regulations that can make it difficult for a DIYer or give someone a break. The biggest lesson I learned is to just keep to the facts and no small talk since as soon as you start talking about ideas they might like one and ask you to incorporate it and that has cost me time and $$$. Get them in and get them out... asap.
That is awesome news. Now I don't have to feel like an outlaw if I use my EVEs.
I have 330W Q Cell G5s. But the permit department already approved them on my plan. I don't expect a problem but I guess I'll find out.
Thanks for the tips.

That is awesome news. Now I don't have to feel like an outlaw if I use my EVEs.
I have 330W Q Cell G5s. But the permit department already approved them on my plan. I don't expect a problem but I guess I'll find out.
Thanks for the tips.
Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I finally set up my 4 batteries. That is 2 ga welding cable to the batteries. I set the Solark to only use 100 amps and my BMS's are set to limit charging and discharging to 100 amps. I am still deciding whether to let the Solark use the full 185 amps.
1690246621876.png

Back