diy solar

diy solar

Multiple Grid-tied inverters

hacksics

Hi All,

My utility power is 3 phase and I have SolarEdge single phase grid-tied inverter hooked up to a single phase of the 3-phases coming from utility power. I want to increase the day power utilisation and thinking if it's possible to install 600Watt micro-inverter in to a separate phase other than the one connected to SolarEdge. Will it work?

I've added a diagram for clarity. Any input/feedback highly appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

• grid-tied-example.jpeg
    grid-tied-example.jpeg
    29.7 KB · Views: 8
Welcome to the Forums!

What you have described shouldn't work... So... guessing you don't live in the U.S. and have multiple transformers?
Can you tell us a whole lot more about the setup? For example, the voltages for L1-L2, L2-L3, L1-L3, and all of them to neutral? How is the power balanced off the transformer(s)?

Assuming you are in a 3-phase, 4-wire (220V Phase-Neutral) country like we are in Thailand there's no reason why that shouldn't work.

Many here have 3 x single-phase inverters rather than a single 3-phase unit due to the commonest failure mode of the local grid being loss of one phase (or one phase going very low due to loss of a HV phase). With 3 separate inverters two of them keep operating.

I'm in Sri Lanka. 3-phase, 4-wire (230v 50Hz Phase-Neutral). Our 3-phase voltage is 400v/410v between any live phases. Any idea why it shouldn't work?

All lines 230V to neutral, independent grid-tied inverters can be put on them.

If they were one brand, suppose to talk to one controller (like our 120/240V split phase in U.S.), they might need a coupling device for data com.
But just grid tie, they won't even know about each other.

Back