diy solar

diy solar

Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 AC2 to Sub panel in RV

Breezee

This question pertains to RV use. I have installed the Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 into my RV. I replaced the OEM inverter and rewired so the Multiplus powers the main distribution panel.
My question: The AC2 operates only on shore power. I want to run the AC2 to a sub panel and then run a few plugs to items I only want to run off shore power. Have any of you installed a AC only sub panel in your RV. What Sub panel have you used. I don't want to put a second panel in with DC power combined. This is will be an only AC panel.

This question pertains to RV use. I have installed the Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 into my RV. I replaced the OEM inverter and rewired so the Multiplus powers the main distribution panel.
Most RVs don't come with an OEM inveverter.
Do you mean you replaced the OEM converter with the Multiplus?
My question: The AC2 operates only on shore power. I want to run the AC2 to a sub panel and then run a few plugs to items I only want to run off shore power. Have any of you installed a AC only sub panel in your RV. What Sub panel have you used. I don't want to put a second panel in with DC power combined. This is will be an only AC panel.
Does your RV have 50 amp shore power or 30 amp?

Last edited:
When I installed the same Multiplus in my RV (30 amp shore power service), I scratched my head trying to figure out what to do with the AC2. Since every AC load went through a single panel I didn't see any opportunity to use the AC2 leg. I have a single air conditioning unit that's on that panel. I do mostly boondocking so a shore power only circuit doesn't make a lot of sense for my RV.

Maybe if I added another high amp load, like a welder, I would consider using the AC2 leg. But installing another panel would be challenging due to a lack of room. If I was in a campground and I needed a welder I would probably just plug the welder into the campground pedestal. Still scratching my head on this one. I must not be thinking outside of the box.

Last edited:
I want to do this exact thing and the AC2 would be for the electrical element of the water heater. If I’m boondocking I’ll run the WH on LP gas.

I was looking at some Blue Sea 240V panels that looked like the legs could be wired separately (except for the ground). I haven’t had time to fully research it though.

Last edited:
I installed an AC2 subpanel on my conversion, but would do it different, if I were to build another. If I absolutely wanted to have a dedicated shore circuit separate from the Multiplus, I would split the incoming shore power, and run a separate wire to a subpanel for that use.

Back