diy solar

diy solar

MultiPlus-II inverter & charger 3000 Watts, 48 Volts DC, 120 Volts AC

ttmetro

Does anyone have information on this apparently new Multplus ii for 48VDC / 120VAC?
It's shown on for sale at solar-electric.com with a manual and also invertersupply.com (not sure it's the same unit).

Page 20 of the manual shows the specs. The match the description, except DC input voltage range which looks like it's for a 12V system. But the charger specs are for 48V. Is the DC input just a typo? Or where would the 12V be coming from?

I cannot find this system on the Victron website.

I'd like to use it for backup power system (just received the batteries from China).

Rumors of its release have been circulating for some time. It's been in the works for awhile, and COVID factored in the delay. Looks like they've finally done it at least in limited fashion.

Given that it's the only inconsistent parameter, I would assume it's a typo.

That appears to be the same unit on both sites as they both reference PMP482305100.

I can't find that product info on Victron's site either.

I waited for this but it didn’t seem like it would ever arrive.

So I built up a system with the Schneider CSW 4048 and ComBox in my home. And now this.

Sudden impulse to sell off the Schneider, rewire my critical load panel from 240v split into 120v legs and........

I hope I can stop myself ?

solar-electric.com doesn't have it in stock. I called to order, they said "hopefully mid june first arrivals"

Any chance they’ll have a 5kVa version? Also, I’ve looked, but what’s really the difference between this and the Quattro? I know the Quattro has two AC in/out, but is that it?

Of the multiplus2? i highly doubt it

Quattro is just whatyou said, plus more $

Of the multiplus2? i highly doubt it

Quattro is just whatyou said, plus more $
Yeah, they offer it in the 230v so I thought they might, but it may be asking too much when folks will pay for the Quattro.

For anyone looking for a unit: I ordered from inverter supply, should get it next week.

For anyone looking for a unit: I ordered from inverter supply, should get it next week.
Is this the one you purchased?

I'm interested in 2 of these and researching how to combine them, one for each 48v banks I will have.

I'm also thinking of upgrading my rig to 50A service which is why this model apposed to the original one.

Last edited:
I think the video is for the 12V version. I got the 48V unit. Just google inverter supply, they have both models.
BTW: I received mine last week, no wait until June.

I forgot to paste in the url for the 48v page on inverter supply, d'oh!

But yeah, I'm looking in to it. THX

Everybody having a good experience with this new model?
I just ordered one.
It’s existence made me change my plans for a 24v system up to 48v…. Can’t beat that 13 watt idle / no load power.

Everybody having a good experience with this new model?
I just ordered one.
It’s existence made me change my plans for a 24v system up to 48v…. Can’t beat that 13 watt idle / no load power.

It hasn't been out that long but given the MP-II has been around for EU power for quite some time, and it's basically just a modification to 120VAC/60Hz, I would expect zero issues given Victron's track record.

Mine is in operation for ~ 2 month now; yesterday we had our first true outage. Worked perfect - we did not notice the outage until we heard a neighbors generator ...

I got mine and trying to figure out how the AC terminals work.
They look different than any of the data sheet photos and manuals and I can’t figure out how you screw open/closed the terminals?

Attachments

• 67573CE7-986B-421F-A014-2249F00F6854.jpeg
    67573CE7-986B-421F-A014-2249F00F6854.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 17
As best as I remember you just push the wires into the round holes. Taking them out is harder: I believe you need to push a screwdriver or something into the square hole.

I found these also a bit troublesome.

Back