diy solar

diy solar

Multiplus-II maximum battery/charge voltage

Holzleim

Hi All,

can anyone tell me what the maximum battery/charge voltage is a Victron Multiplus-II can be configured to?
Asking that because I plan to build a LiFePO4 pack consisting of 19 cells with 19 x 3.5V ~ 66V.
This should max out efficiency and charge power of the Multiplus-II.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Thomas

Don't know if this will help but just unpacked my Multi Plus II 12 3000. 120 - 50 2x 120V. For connections of DC it states for 400 - 1200 amp batteries for connection up to 5 meters use 2 AWG 1/0 cables each for the positive and negative connections to the battery for runt from 5 to 10 meters it says use 2 each AWG 2/0 connections for the positive and negative connections. I dont know the amps your battery pack will carry and know even less about a multipluss charging a 66 volt battery, all I can find is a 48 volt model

Thanks for your answer.
Mine Multiplus-II 5000 48V just arrived two days ago.
As far as I see it now, it can charge up to 64V, and can operate up to 66V battery voltage.
Will see how it works once cells from China arrive....

I too was looking at an 18s lifepo4 pack / JK BMS with victron multiplus ii gx 48v 5000va, but as stated inverter will only charge to 64v as a max.
Would top balancing a couple of times a yr be ok to 3.55v(64v÷18), or do you really need to go to the full 3.65v?
For normal use I would plan on a lower voltage for top end voltage of 3.4v ish, so this would be within the charge parameters.

Anyone have any updated info? I have a multiplus-ii 48/3000/35 and I have 20 cells, I was only planning to use 16s but now that I see input is 66v max I'm thinking of going bigger, my bms is good for 4s-21s. Once I get it hooked up to configure I can update but it would be nice to know now if anyone can confirm charge voltage on this model.

My victron 150/35 mppt charge controller let's me go up to 69.59v.

Edit: I have confirmed 64v max charge voltage for the multiplus-ii 48/3000/35 120v model. Seems like for lifepo4 chemistry 18s is max.

Last edited:
Back