diy solar

diy solar

Multiplus Operational Question

JAS

Solar Enthusiast
Hey all,

Question regarding the Victron Multiplus (120v versions specifically):

Can these be programmed to only pass thru AC and only Charge when the battery voltage drops to a certain level?

In other words, I want to run a few things off solar/battery as much as possible and only use AC to pass thru and/or charge when voltage drops to a defined level.

Thanks,

Jeff

Bump:

I know this "feature" is available on the MPP/GroWatt units as well as the Samlex EVO. But, I can't confirm in the Victron manual that this is doable? So, I assume NOT?

Yes, mine is programmed to ignore the grid when the batteries are above a certain level.

Last edited:
Thanks Q-Dog,

Does it also ignore charging?
Not sure what you are asking. The multiplus can only charge batteries when power is coming into it. If it is ignoring the grid it won't charge the batteries. My batteries are charged 99% of the time from the solar charge controller. The grid is just a backup if we have several days of clouds/rain.

Yes, that's what I was asking :)

I don't want to ever unplug the unit from Grid. But, I also don't want it using any AC power from the grid until the battery voltage drops to a definable level.

Thanks for the confirmation!

Using VictronConnect you can setup the "AC InputControl" of a MultiPlus. This lets you specify when AC input should be used or ignored. So you can tell the MultiPlus to connect AC input (shore power) when the battery drops below a specified SOC or below a specific voltage. You can also tell it to disconnect AC input when the battery reaches a specified voltage. Or you can tell it to come on based on inverter load.

Reactions: JAS
Back