diy solar

diy solar

My 1st attempt at Solar, How am I doing?

Like the title states, this is my 1st foray into Solar power.
I plan on adding another tracker for the N/S axis in the future, as well as adding MORE 100ah batteries.
But in all, I am pretty proud of the beginnings of my solar system.
Welcome to the forum!
Your awesome tracker works really good.

Like the title states, this is my 1st foray into Solar power.
I plan on adding another tracker for the N/S axis in the future, as well as adding MORE 100ah batteries.
But in all, I am pretty proud of the beginnings of my solar system.
Nice. How are you going to keep the kiddos from splashing pool water on your new setup?

Nice. How are you going to keep the kiddos from splashing pool water on your new setup?
It is Just the wife and I here. Every once in a while, the Grand Daughter comes over, but even she is 21 years old.
Besides, the deck is on the other side of the pool from the panels. :)

Well, I got to playing with an Arduino, and ended up MAKING a Dual Axis Solar tracker controller, and sensor.
I am impressed with the results!

Behind the blue lids are the Arduino (Top), and the Relays (Bottom) to control the actuators.

eIN9qgO.jpg

This shows the pivot for North/South (Hole drilled through Post)
And the East/West Pivot is a threaded rod passing through the 3 stand-offs and the 4 2x6s
rF2V4Ht.jpg

The Sensor on the right is the one that came with the single axis tracker I bought at the start of all this.
The one on the left is one that I built for the dual axis Arduino Controller.
G6uGYsb.jpg

jo80Fnu.jpg

The end result actually surprised me as to how well it works.
The bought tracker always seemed to stop abruptly causing a slight shake in the post.
The one I built, and programmed is not noticeable even though I am using the same actuator for East/West.

Last edited:
Back