diy solar

diy solar

My 280ah CamperVan system

boboxx

I wanted something semi portable for the camper van, this is what I have so far. Now on with cabling, fusing and the rest of the accessories :)

These are the 280ah LifePo cells in a 31bank box, Kisae pure sine inverter and a Kisae DC-DC charge controller.

Attachments

• rdNF52uETyaYEomitUbgrg.jpg
    rdNF52uETyaYEomitUbgrg.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 137
  • Mr+oGzrxR2yVjpK%DuGsTQ.jpg
    Mr+oGzrxR2yVjpK%DuGsTQ.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Nice bank. Looking back, would you have stuck with your decision to source your batteries from Dongguan Billion Electronic Technology or would you recommend looking elsewhere (i.e. the numberous Xuba, RJ threads etc.)? Was the discount worth the risk? Are they objectively holding up okay so far?

I don't think it matters where you buy your cells, I have a feeling they all just go to the "market" and pick up what ever we order, bring it to the "logistics" company that will package and ship your item. I have been buying from Aliexpress and Alibaba for close to 8 years now. It's hard to really know how honest the people are, but you can usualy get a feel pretty quickly on what they are selling and how they are selling it.

I have only had the system up in running for about 1 month. Now it's been running in the van for the past 2 weeks running 100% of the time keeping the beer cooler nice and cold :)

Interesting; thanks for your insight boboxx. I guess if your beer is cold, your battery compartment hasn’t melted, and you don’t have a long rant post about the supplier, I should be good to order some myself. ?

Yes it has high and low cut off. You can also order it with more communication connection. Mine has all port populated.

Sweet, Thank you.

I assume your running the inverter directly from the battery, not via the BMS?

I just bought a nearly identical system for my van (4x 280ah cells, kisae dc-dc solar) I cheaped out and bought a Powermax inverter. I was thinking about portability and was planning to build a plywood based electrical chest (with one of the noco battery boxes to contain cells). I really like what you've built, did you build the frame from scratch? I have a bunch of slotted angle iron sitting around.

Another question, for the starter battery to kisae connection, did you run a negative cable from the kisae dc-dc charger all the way to the battery or did you just ground negative to chasis, I am a bit confused.

Last edited:
Back