diy solar

diy solar

My 550Ah LiFePO4 Lishen Battery Bank starts here and now.

What you need to do is measure the voltage at the end of the leads (disconnected from the battery) and set that to 3.65V. Then connect. That way (unless your power supply sucks and drifts upward) you'll never get higher than 3.65V.
That's good advice. Top balancing was the purpose for me and at this point, with all the cells now at an equal voltage, I was satisfied. Using them between 20%-80% SOC in a solar setup, my requirements are very low.
Van Williams

Top balancing was the purpose for me and at this point, with all the cells now at an equal voltage

Even when they are at the same voltage does not mean they are all saturated at that voltage. Granted, you're probably close enough, but for others reading this: don't assume you're balanced when you've reached a certain voltage, make sure you know what your current is doing. And make sure you use good connections and thick wire - alligator clips and the included power supply cables are not enough.

next time goto 2.63 or something and let it finish batteries can have different stored amps at the same voltage

After top balancing the new Lithium battery cells, I will put the two 12V - 272Ah batteries together. A box from plywood without sides will hold the batteries with four threaded rods as enforcement. The battery cells are connected with double bus bars, BMS leads and six BMS power leads. The BMS is placed above the cells, next to a fuse holder and two battery terminals.
Van Williams

I continue with the assembly of the Lithium battery by inserting the threaded rods, that will hold the four cells together, while preventing unwanted bulging of the cells. Install and connect the BMS (Battery Management System), fuse box, positive and negative terminals, temperature sensor and Bluetooth.
Finally, I test out the Bluetooth connection with the included app and make some preferred changes to the settings.
Van Williams

It's only five weeks; most of us wait about six weeks and my order arrived exactly two months after purchase. Don't worry, yet :)
Van Williams

I did finally receive them, and they are very pretty. The screw posts are smaller than expected (M6 screw) and are laser welded to the main posts, so I'm a big worried about pulling over 100A against that top surface. <sigh>

IMG_20210412_150224201(1).jpg

I did finally receive them, and they are very pretty. The screw posts are smaller than expected (M6 screw) and are laser welded to the main posts, so I'm a big worried about pulling over 100A against that top surface. <sigh>

View attachment 45931

Nice looking batteries. The M6 studs appear much better than the M6 threaded hole cell terminal from my viewpoint. I have noticed where some are placing an aluminum washer around the M6 stud battery terminal to give additional connectivity. I don't know the measurements of your battery terminals. If this is something you may want to try, check your terminal measurements and maybe these will work for you?

I have the same batteries on order and will probably try the aluminum washers if they are the right size. I will also probably will use some DeoxIT battery grease (or something similar) to help the connection between the battery terminals and buss bars along with cleaning the terminals with some 1000 grit sanding paper or very fine file to the clean the terminals.

Still researching ideas at this point...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078JT8K1...olid=3DRR8NOQXOKHM&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Are the M6 studs stainless steal?

Attachments

• 93286A031_ALUMINUM FLAT WASHER.PDF
    74.4 KB · Views: 4
I was thinking about importing cells to USA as part of my business and then reselling as US based inventory with much shorter delivery times than china. Lots are discussing these Lishen cells - Are people actually getting them in reasonable amounts of time or is 2+ months typical/reasonable? I would think that if you could get them in a week (Because they are stocked in the US) then I could probably charge $100 or so per 173AH cell plus shipping. Am I way off on the price per cell?

Right now I'm bringing in CALB CA180 cells which are 180AH and selling them for $180/each with buss bars.
Took me 2 months, the problem is unloading deliveries coming from china into Long Beach port is backed up. The normal ocean transit is 21 days, ships waiting for a dock and the port logistics are the big delay.

Install the new 550Ah Lithium battery bank in the van and connect them through a switch and heavy duty bus bars to the rest of the system and do some preliminary checking/testing. The next step will be the installation of a 3000W Victron Inverter/Charger. Optional remain a possible replacement of the solar controller by a Victron controller with Bluetooth and an additional DC-to-DC converter, to charge the batteries from the van's alternator.

Nice looking batteries. The M6 studs appear much better than the M6 threaded hole cell terminal from my viewpoint. I have noticed where some are placing an aluminum washer around the M6 stud battery terminal to give additional connectivity. I don't know the measurements of your battery terminals. If this is something you may want to try, check your terminal measurements and maybe these will work for you?

I have the same batteries on order and will probably try the aluminum washers if they are the right size. I will also probably will use some DeoxIT battery grease (or something similar) to help the connection between the battery terminals and buss bars along with cleaning the terminals with some 1000 grit sanding paper or very fine file to the clean the terminals.

Still researching ideas at this point...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078JT8K1...olid=3DRR8NOQXOKHM&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Are the M6 studs stainless steal?
Yea the studs are stainless. I will also look for those aluminum washers (or even copper ones?) to equalize the base of the contact proper to the lower contact area. It's laser welded so its not really smooth.

Install the new 550Ah Lithium battery bank in the van and connect them through a switch and heavy duty bus bars to the rest of the system and do some preliminary checking/testing. The next step will be the installation of a 3000W Victron Inverter/Charger. Optional remain a possible replacement of the solar controller by a Victron controller with Bluetooth and an additional DC-to-DC converter, to charge the batteries from the van's alternator.
Awww that's cute.
My thirty-two 205Ah will make the equivalent of a 12V 1650Ah battery -- it's organized as 410Ah 48V for higher efficiency. My LV6548 will charge it at 8kW and supply the 120VAC at 6000W. Built-in transfer switch, current sensor, voltage and temp cutoffs, MPPT charger, and 6kW inverter. Can't wait to finish the installation into my Monaco Windsor.

Back