diy solar

diy solar

My best solar production day in 5 months.

21.5 today but it was better a month ago (23.7) before all this pollen. My roof top panels are caked right now

Need the size of the system for reference, in my case I have 7.2 KW of panels on the roof so for me a good day is 40+ KWH
True that. I thought the same after I posted. Mine is a 0.86w array. Yeah it's really amazing as filthy as my panels are I'm able to get 21.7 kWh per day ???

Just kidding. It's a 5,175w array (as he goes to the roof to clean the panels ?)

6.8 kW. Morning shade, 25 degree tilt, pointing SSE at 155 degrees and Latitude 39 degrees.

Last edited:
OK so with my 5.2 kW array
- Pollinated panels = 21.5kWh
- Clean panels (since noon) and blue skies = 26.4kWh

That's about as good a it gets.

Maybe it is time to think about a simple solar panel rinsing off system?
I was contemplating a little drip system sprayer for mine; I have caked on salt from winter storms and it is rough getting the stuff off after a few months. Need a couple for the skylights as well...

I was contemplating a little drip system sprayer for mine; I have caked on salt from winter storms and it is rough getting the stuff off after a few months. Need a couple for the skylights as well...
Do you use salt on you panels?

Have not used it on solar panels, but have had more luck using the soaker hose approach for achieving an even distribution than the sprayers.

I guess in theory some yard sprinklers might work. Adding some liquid soap really helps vs just water.

Back