diy solar

diy solar

My build Schematics,Can I get input please.I'm a newbie

Thunderjet

I'm adding 4-280AH lithium batteries to my camper,these have to be put in a closet so I need to wire everthing.Its a older camper so I need to change over the charger in the fuse panel to a Lithium charger.From all the reading on systems this is what Ive come up with.By the way I have the solar panels,EP Ever solar controller,a MT-50 display,.1000 watt inverter,breakers,and Fuse Blk if needed. I dont have the charger or the transfer box yet,but i incorporated them into my drawing.Herew is the drawing can you guys tell me if i'm on track please.

Attachments

• Schematics for Solar Power and Wiring to Transfer Box etc.pdf
    30.3 KB · Views: 41
I'm not sure how your transfer box is going to work. If the charger gets power whenever the inverter is ON then that's no good. It means you're going to be using AC power to charge the battery while the inverter is pulling DC power from the battery. That's a loop.

200 watts of solar panels isn't going to charge 1120 Ah of battery very quickly.

Yes i thought my panel watts were low,but im not looking to fill batteries quickly.I want to charge through my portable gen set if they get to low.The charger will be hooked up to the 110 shore power where the old charger/converter was in my fuse panel.If i'm still not connecting right can you make a suggestion please.

Connect the charger to the shore power circuit before the transfer switch. That way the charger is active only when shore power is connected.

Back