diy solar

diy solar

My DIY Ground Mount build from junkyard scrap.

The Dish Doc

Photon Pharmer
Good evening guys, I finished my DIY ground mount. A couple of people were interested so I've posted the build to youtube for your review. I've learned so much from Will's videos and fabricating your own ground mount vids are a little slim on youtube, so I made one. Hopefully it might help someone looking to do it cheaply. This mount cost me nothing out of pocket. I had to buy 10 sticks of unistrut (enough for both mount's I'll build) but I sold the solar trailers (I got for free) and batteries for scrap, and those funds covered the unistrut as well as all the odd bits on this build. However aside from the $350 for the unistrut, it only took about $200 more for u-bolts, plate and angle iron, etc. I'm not real happy with the video, but I could spend forever tweaking it. At some point ya gotta run what ya brung. I'm pretty happy with the mount though. It's rock solid. Looking forward to getting panels in the air. If you enjoy the video, please consider giving it a like. It's no where near as good as Will's videos, but hopefully you can see what I'm doing. I'll be finishing this mount up and then building another different one, so if you are interested, please consider subscribing. I'm going to document my whole process of going off grid CHEAPLY :)

Last edited:
Back