diy solar

diy solar

My Ecoflow Delta Pro experience

brightbulb

So I got an Ecoflow Delta Pro with the Smart generator combo on Amazon when we bought our remote property. I love the machine. We connected it to 4 Aeonrise 330 watt panels in series on top of our conex. The max input we have ever seen it get to was 1200 with the solar panels, 1600 when we use the generator at night when we've run the AC and dropped the battery level. It's a very cool machine.
This morning it gave me a heart attack. It had a battery icon flashing at the bottom right of the screen and no input from either the solar panels or the generator would register. It was Error Code 302. Restarting it wouldn't do anything, disconnecting everything didn't do anything. The app could only tell me the battery was at 78% but nothing else. I was panicking because I don't have that kind of money to get another, and we have only had it three months. Cheers to tech support thought. Apparently, the app (ON MY PHONE) needed a firmware update and she talked me though getting that done. Powered down and back on, delta was fine like nothing happened. I again, don't regret having this wonderful solar generator, but the smart part is irritating to say the least! Hoping my experience helps others out there having the same issue!

Everything is working well … I have (2) Delta Pros , one charging the other … and one has an “ add on “ DP battery . I run 4x 260 watt ( in series ) solar panels to one DP , and 3x315 to the other . I have DP one connected to 30 amp RV plug to a manual transfer switch that isolates and powers 6 circuits ( about 65%) of my power needs . I’m getting about 2Kw from 10 to 3:30 , which powers transfer switch 24/7 and stays recharged with reserve to spare for the odd cloudy day etc …

Thx Will ! You’re the man , viewed your DIY builds .. stayed with EcoFlow because they had the 5 year warranty…. But I’m thinking of doing my own down the line … great info you have provided :)

Reactions: Tym
Back