diy solar

diy solar

My EG4 server rack batteries don't fit in the EG4 battery rack.

I just assembled my new rack loaded with 6 x EG4-LL batteries, and even from the new batch that came in after a month or two of backorder, the mounting holes don't line up... I managed to get one screw per battery successfully installed. I'm not in a seismically active area, so I have no worries things are going to fall out, but still...

I sell and install equipment racks for Audio Visual equipment, and the fit and finish of the EG4 rack is simply a joke compared with what I'm used to. Misaligned parts, weld spatter, sloppy fitment, rough edges. The price was right, though and I doubt the thing is going to fall apart, it's just sad to see little care given to the details.

There was a bag of self tapping screws as part of the rack hardware... I guess that's the recommended solution now?

Have a "new" EG4 rack hopefully coming in the next couple of weeks

I have 4 EG4 Lifepower4s from 2021. Will see how everything fits....

I too can attest to all the rack mounting bolts taking a bit of finesse. I think the issue is the batteries are 3.5U size and the math gets weird for the spacing. It works but it isn't easy. I've been building racks for both music production and networking most of my life and these do work. I love the integrated buss bar although I wish they had told me there wasn't a bottom on the DIY version!!!
With the batteries being 3.5U can I fit 2 into 7U on a server rack or do I have to up that to 8U? Trying to map out what size cables I need to buy.

With the batteries being 3.5U can I fit 2 into 7U on a server rack or do I have to up that to 8U? Trying to map out what size cables I need to buy.
My batts are 6.5 inches height each. 3.5U is 6.125 inches. I would definitely up it to 8U for two batts myself.

Back