diy solar

diy solar

My first build

Been running two places for a while now, only one hiccup and that was in my programming of the inverters, forgot to add the amp hours and programmed it for 200 AH, should have been 3200 AH, system shut off middle of the night to protect the battery it thought it was running on....lol, simple fix and now a happy system

Been running two places for a while now, only one hiccup and that was in my programming of the inverters, forgot to add the amp hours and programmed it for 200 AH, should have been 3200 AH, system shut off middle of the night to protect the battery it thought it was running on....lol, simple fix and now a happy system
I would REALLY like to know how much all that cost you... but really can’t imagine needing that much power ever...

I'm guessing you're in the south from your username, I'm in AL and getting ready to buy parts now. where'd you score the panels and batteries?

I'm guessing you're in the south from your username, I'm in AL and getting ready to buy parts now. where'd you score the panels and batteries?
Wow, I really lapsed on the site, I have a connection in Texas on panels, inverters.and Lithium batteries. I actually got the current battery bank from a commercial decommissioning only after 2.5 years. My place is in Alabama but I live and work in Florida, near the State line.

I would REALLY like to know how much all that cost you... but really can’t imagine needing that much power ever...
Really sorry for being offline for so long, the panels,inverters, charge controllers, breakers and combiners were just over 12k, the batteries were a separate purchase from a commercial decommissioning, so they were 2 years old.

Hi everyone, working on my first solar project. It's a big one and it has taken some time from start to where I'm at. I can't say start to finish as I know there will always be updates, new technology's etc...View attachment 7030View attachment 7030View attachment 7035View attachment 7037View attachment 7039
Meh, it's a start.... (LOL!)

Are those Edison batteries?
Hi everyone, working on my first solar project. It's a big one and it has taken some time from start to where I'm at. I can't say start to finish as I know there will always be updates, new technology's etc...View attachment 7030View attachment 7030View attachment 7035View attachment 7037View attachment 7039

I love your battery bank in fact I had just left a question last week on the forum about using the Unigy 1 Telecom Batteries for Solar.

I love them, why do you say they are not the right battery for solar I'm very impressed and have helped many friends and neighbors purchase and install them I haven't had any problems and they have out performed any Solar AGM and yes they were also lots cheaper. ?

Like you I also lucked out and have a friend who gets them regularly and for lots less than the so called Solar AGM models I know Lithium and Lifpo4 are better but for the money I'll never switch. ?

But your embarrassing me if thats your first build you did one hell of a job keep up the good work ?

WTF? That is a HUGE battery bank. Impressive! Makes my little 4 x 200AH set look like child's play in comparison. Great job!@

I know where I am heading if Armageddon comes.

I love your battery bank in fact I had just left a question last week on the forum about using the Unigy 1 Telecom Batteries for Solar.

I love them, why do you say they are not the right battery for solar I'm very impressed and have helped many friends and neighbors purchase and install them I haven't had any problems and they have out performed any Solar AGM and yes they were also lots cheaper. ?

Like you I also lucked out and have a friend who gets them regularly and for lots less than the so called Solar AGM models I know Lithium and Lifpo4 are better but for the money I'll never switch. ?

But your embarrassing me if thats your first build you did one hell of a job keep up the good work ?
Hi, I made the statement due to an electrical engineer that I hired to instruct me down the path of hooking this up. I made that statement off his recommendation.

Back