diy solar

diy solar

My First Effort to Program an Epever Tracer 4215BN for a 24 Volt System

L28*gR!p

The below settings is my first attempt to install and use\configure a Tracer 4215BN for two LiFePO4 SOK batteries (although I will admit that I found this controller to be difficult to program). My intent is to run a freezer with this controller using a Giandel 2000W/4000W inverter (essentially off grid). This freezer consumes approximately 1200-1500 watts per 24 hour day. My hope is that my configuration will extend the life of these batteries substantially while still being reasonable about the usage of battery capacity. Before installing the panels and testing out this system, I would really like an opinion from someone who is familiar with this controller? Do these settings make sense?

Note the reference to ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch) shows where the ATS switches to electrical power and then again when it switches to charged batteries. Hopefully the system will not require electrical power often if at all...

Charging Limit Voltage: 26.7
ATS Switch to DC: 26.7
Boost Charging Voltage: 26.6
Float Charging Voltage: 26.4
Boost Reconnect: 26.0
ATS Switch to AC: 25.7
Boost Duration: 2 hours (two 206Ah) --1 hour (two 100Ah)

It is my understanding that the settings below only apply to a device connected directly to the controller (I will only connect to the inverter). Still I thought it would be a good idea to provide these settings as well:
Over Voltage Disconnect: 32.0
Over Voltage Reconnect: 30.0
Low Voltage Reconnect: 25.8
Under Voltage Warning Reconnect: 25.8
Under Voltage Warning: 25.7
Low Voltage Disconnect: 25.6
Discharging Limit Voltage: 25.5

Please feel free to make any recommendations you think is warranted, I have spent a considerable amount of time and effort getting this far, I am open to other thoughts....

I would talk to SOK directly to get their programming limits. The limits below are from Battleborn for 12 volts. For a set up wired in series to make a 24 volt system, just double them.
Update for Case SUP21927 - "New Inquiry Battleborn Batteries - 2022-01-06 14:50:02"

Good evening,

I will listed the EPever settings below:

Battery Charging SettingUser
Over voltage disconnect voltage14.7V
charging limit voltage14.6V
over voltage reconnect voltage14.6V
Equalize charging voltageOff or 14.4V
Boost charging voltage14.4V
Float charging voltage13.6V
Boost reconnect charging voltage13.3V
Low voltage reconnect voltage12.0V
Under volt. warning volt11.5v or Off