diy solar

diy solar

My Imitation of The Tesla App

solarpowermaniac

I took from Teslas design and made a similar UI using Home Assistant. It even detects when my car is plugged in and shows if it’s charging/current state of charge. I’m working on adding animations to the power flow.

I recently added the ability to sync the available solar power to the car charging rate as well, which is the amperage Current/Future labels next to the car. Since I don’t have a “grid” to push excess energy to it took a bit more work to figure out how much solar energy I could produce even if the battery is full.

My equipment consists of many brands (Victron, MPP Solar, EG4 Battery, etc) and I wanted a clean way to display the stats for all of them together. I am pulling data from my Victron Cerbo and Solar Assistant. Home Assistant is very flexible.

Attachments

• C0BB7639-2FAF-4C0A-8BD1-49F90019B5CF.png
    C0BB7639-2FAF-4C0A-8BD1-49F90019B5CF.png
    850.2 KB · Views: 27
That looks great, I have just got my system up and running, and I'm thinking of something similar.
The plan was to always manage everything in HA, but I'm just now starting to think of how to set up the UI.

Can I ask what software you used to make the 3D model? Guessing some architectural software.

This is mine :ROFLMAO:
1664852830771.png

Also, please share how you integrated to dynamically change charge current on the car :)

That looks great, I have just got my system up and running, and I'm thinking of something similar.
The plan was to always manage everything in HA, but I'm just now starting to think of how to set up the UI.

Can I ask what software you used to make the 3D model? Guessing some architectural software.

This is mine :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 114868
I used Fusion 360 to model my upcoming shop build and then the rendering tool inside the program to make a nicer looking display you see in the app

I used a long list of automations inside Home Assistant that I programmed through trial and error. Are you running Home Assistant?
Yup.. I have the tesla_custom plugin working, as well as teslamate, but all read-only. If you can share what you used for sending commands, I can likely figure the rest out.

Back