diy solar

diy solar

My MPP 1012LV reads error 06 when under load.

luke-__-

I've searched the forum/google/manual and can't seem to find good information on this error. I have a 4s 280ah 12v battery running through a jbd bms into a MPP 1012LV-ms solar charge controller and keep getting a shutoff and error 06 readout when running a 8k btu air conditioner. It reads that its only pulling 125 watts after a surge around 180w but it shuts off after running for around 2 minutes. I've been reading through the manual and think it may have something to do with the settings, but I'm having trouble figuring out what setting to configure the controller to to remediate it. If I turn it off and on again, it immediately lets me run again for another 2 minutes or so. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: When reading the apparent power VA, it switches back and forth between 117VA and 153VA every 4 or 5 seconds. Don't know if that means anything.

Last edited:
8K BTU A/C is probably going to pull closer to 500W under max load. If it's NOT a mini-split type, it's going to have a surge closer to 2500-3000W.

The 125-180W is likely the fan only because it can't start the compressor.

Unless you're using a mini-split 8K BTU A/C unit, there's no way you can run it off a 1000W inverter. Period.

Have to agree with the responses, only an inverter type AC can pull this off. They have 8K BTU inverter window styles now that will perform in the same manner, check Midea or LG as an example.. Inverters don't surge, they slowly ramp up/down as needed. Most Non inverter type 8K BTU AC's will surge above 1K and settle in between 650 to 800 watts after that.

Back