diy solar

diy solar

My Novel Ground Mount Array

AmpLee

So I wanted to share a little about the 12kw ground mount array I've been putting together. I think it's a winner, as far as costs go, but may not be for everyone in every type of situation. Still, I hope this serves as inspiration for those looking to cut costs and do things on their own. I'm happy to entertain suggestions and also happy to answer questions. Here's to becoming a net energy producer!

Still, I hope this serves as inspiration for those looking to cut costs and do things on their own
In Australia "I love a sunburnt country, A land of sweeping plains" we are wondering what to do with thousands of perfectly good, but now redundant, old panels. One '' ''ecogreen'' '' State has even built a recycling plant to crush them without even thinking it is their ecogreen subsidies that caused the problem.

Your video may save a lot of panels heading to landfill!

Nice construction.

Must be really nice to be able to adjust the tension between vertices! Awesome stuff! ☀️

Looks way better than my adjustable super strut failure, loved to have a flatter yard like that.

So I wanted to share a little about the 12kw ground mount array I've been putting together. I think it's a winner, as far as costs go, but may not be for everyone in every type of situation. Still, I hope this serves as inspiration for those looking to cut costs and do things on their own. I'm happy to entertain suggestions and also happy to answer questions. Here's to becoming a net energy producer!

Nice work! I subbed. Beautiful German Shepard. He's a good boy to leave the chickens alone. I'm trying to design a ground mount also but I don't think that would survive Florida Hurricanes which is when I will need my system most. Ground mounts fabricated with any type material are EXPENSIVE these days :-(

Looks good. Might want to caulk or seal the conduit riser somehow so water doesn't follow your PV wire and flood your conduit.

Looks good. Only concern I would have is wind load but you know your area better than me..

I am looking at building a very similar system. My question is with the sleeve do you still get any sag or flex across the length of the system? I have seen a few other mounts like this and they didn't use the sleeve and had major bowing and sag wherever there were poles joined together.

Back