diy solar

diy solar

My panels have too much voltage

OK. So you're saying if I rearrange the panels to be parallel this will reduce the voltage?

Yes! if individual panels are lower voltage.
That is very likely with Solar Edge. It probably also has optimizers per panel (which can drop array voltage lower), but are probably only compatible with Solar Edge inverter.
I think you will have to disconnect the optimizers and wire your new series/parallel array configuration.
You will no longer have "Rapid Shut Down", which may or may not be required by the code which was in effect when the array was installed.
In other words, it should work but may or may not be compliant to regulations.

Yes! if individual panels are lower voltage.
That is very likely with Solar Edge. It probably also has optimizers per panel (which can drop array voltage lower), but are probably only compatible with Solar Edge inverter.
I think you will have to disconnect the optimizers and wire your new series/parallel array configuration.
You will no longer have "Rapid Shut Down", which may or may not be required by the code which was in effect when the array was installed.
In other words, it should work but may or may not be compliant to regulations.
OK. I have the inspectors phone number, so I should be able to call him about that.

OK, I need to get back to work, I'll be back on here later this evening. Thanks for all the input everyone!

Back