diy solar

diy solar

my scc won't charge it thinks my battery is full

bluefox140

I have two SCC the second one won't charge unless I disconnect the first one. it thinks my battery is full while the first one is Charing ? if I disconnect the first one then the second one will starting charging ? what do I need to adjust? thank you

What's the actual battery voltage, use a meter on the battery terminals. What is the battery voltage as displayed by both units? What is the voltage at their battery connection terminals?

Voltage at battery terminals:____
Voltage displayed by charger 1:____
Voltage on charger 1's terminals:____
Voltage displayed by charger 2:____
Voltage on charger 2's terminals:____

Fill in the blanks.

What's the actual battery voltage, use a meter on the battery terminals. What is the battery voltage as displayed by both units? What is the voltage at their battery connection terminals?

Fill in the blanks.
Voltage at battery terminals:27.6v____
Voltage displayed by charger 1:27.34v____
Voltage on charger 1's terminals:27.7____
Voltage displayed by charger 2:27.89____
Voltage on charger 2's terminals:27.6
____
the second scc I have 1200w panel on its charging at 5w.
thank you

Your devices are poorly calibrated, such is life with the cheaper end of the market. As a result they are targetting different battery voltages. When the voltage rises above what 2nd one is aiming for the current from it will drop to near nothing.

Your battery is at float voltage. If you discharge your battery so that the chargers are in bulk stage charging you will likely find that both devices are supplying maximum current. If you still see unexplained low current under bulk charge conditions I would recheck the voltages at this time and report the readings in this thread for further advice.

If you can adjust your controller's configurations by 0.1V steps you can possibly get them to share the load more equally when in float mode but it's not really necessary.

If your battery voltage rises above 27.6V, as read by your multimeter, in float stage charging you should reduce the voltage settings on the 1st charger as it appears to be reading low so it is trying to push the battery voltage up.

Your devices are poorly calibrated, such is life with the cheaper end of the market. As a result they are targetting different battery voltages. When the voltage rises above what 2nd one is aiming for the current from it will drop to near nothing.

Your battery is at float voltage. If you discharge your battery so that the chargers are in bulk stage charging you will likely find that both devices are supplying maximum current. If you still see unexplained low current under bulk charge conditions I would recheck the voltages at this time and report the readings in this thread for further advice.

If you can adjust your controller's configurations by 0.1V steps you can possibly get them to share the load more equally when in float mode but it's not really necessary.

If your battery voltage rises above 27.6V, as read by your multimeter, in float stage charging you should reduce the voltage settings on the 1st charger as it appears to be reading low so it is trying to push the battery voltage up.

OK got it. my battery is still at 60% shown from the battery meter. so it won't charge faster than this after it hit 27.6v

Shouldn't he dial up his float voltage so that it will continue to deliver bulk charge for longer?

Back