diy solar

diy solar

My Seplos Mason 10.5kWh Battery Pack Have Arived!

yep, you can't expect any 48V rated BMS (or inverter) to cope with 500V or what ever hight voltage at the battery side. you need at least to fuse your scc, inverter and battery with not only max current consideration but also max voltage consideration. it's not going to protect you 100% but that's the minimum to do.

seplos DIY 280 kit has in internal fuse on the cell side, that may help also.

Meanwhile my BMS has arrived in Thailand :)

Under-declared of course, just 7% VAT on the declared CIF plus a FedEx handling fee (numbers on the right are Thai Baht before anyone gets scared).

Very happy :)

7108-E.jpg

Last edited:
Meanwhile my BMS has arrived in Thailand :)

Under-declared of course, just 7% VAT on the declared CIF plus a FedEx handling fee (numbers on the right are Thai Baht before anyone gets scared).

Very happy :)

View attachment 98539
That’s ok. It’s always a lottery in Thailand. The last three I shipped in came in via DHL with nothing to pay. This time they are sending me two via Comone Express. Not so sure.

I do, I have mine talking pylontech protocol over canbus to my Schneider Electric gear, seems to work fine!

View attachment 97113
My BMS from the Mason DIY 135Ah case is also set to pylontech CAN but my Victron system does not read it correctly.
Do you had to upgrade the BMS firmware or something like this?

Kind greards,
nerchi

My BMS from the Mason DIY 135Ah case is also set to pylontech CAN but my Victron system does not read it correctly.
Do you had to upgrade the BMS firmware or something like this?

Kind greards,
nerchi
You need to call the support, to know your best option. You probably need to build a custome wire.

Yeah, once I sorted the spam issue I'm chatting with Henry.
I will ask about shipping time.

I find that many Chinese companies are happy to deal with one-off quantities (Seplos being one of them) others won't even give you the time of day for less than 100.

EDIT Ordered 100A BMS, LCD, RS-485 adapter and shipping to Thailand USD 188, so the naughty AliExpress seller actually saved me money :)
Hey Crossy, would you like to share Henry's contact details?
I've been trying to get prices out of Abby for over a week and at this point it's just ridiculous. Such a hassle for buying a freaking BMS....

I was luckily transferred after my somewhat disasspointing ordeal with Abby, to someone called Blake and he was fast and efficient, already in the process of ordering :D

It would be interesting to see what Blake quotes you :)

Hi Dave,
I can go direct for small numbers,and if you want pay in Alibaba,I will draft an order for you in alibaba.
48V 100A BMS=125USD/pcs
48V 150A BMS=175USD/pcs
48V 200A BMS=215USD/pcs
LCD Screen=20USD/pcs
I have attached our specs to you in the appendix
Do you need adapter?Adapter = 20USD/pcs
Best Regards
Henry

There's also an AliBaba payment fee, 5% IIRC.

It would be interesting to see what Blake quotes you :)

Hi Dave,
I can go direct for small numbers,and if you want pay in Alibaba,I will draft an order for you in alibaba.
48V 100A BMS=125USD/pcs
48V 150A BMS=175USD/pcs
48V 200A BMS=215USD/pcs
LCD Screen=20USD/pcs
I have attached our specs to you in the appendix
Do you need adapter?Adapter = 20USD/pcs
Best Regards
Henry

There's also an AliBaba payment fee, 5% IIRC.
Same ish, 200a BMS was 195 though

I don't know why they are safeguarding their prices like this, it seems so weird that you have to actually talk to someone just to get a rought idea on what their products cost. I've sent them a message to their main email asking them to consider being more transparent with their pricing and just have it on their website, instead of one having to waste time talking to a sales rep

I don't know why they are safeguarding their prices like this, it seems so weird that you have to actually talk to someone just to get a rought idea on what their products cost. I've sent them a message to their main email asking them to consider being more transparent with their pricing and just have it on their website, instead of one having to waste time talking to a sales rep

They probably shift a fair few through AliExpress sellers (remember mine wanted $400 just for the BMS), there may be an agreement not to visibly undercut.

BMS price is list on the website, but you can expect small up/down everyday, that why it is best to request a quotation with shipping. be careful from my experience theirs ddp doesn't include vat. You will have to pay it on arrival. ;-)

BMS price is list on the website, but you can expect small up/down everyday, that why it is best to request a quotation with shipping. be careful from my experience theirs ddp doesn't include vat. You will have to pay it on arrival. ;-)
Where?

Sure, but just to at least get a ballpark figure - or why not just have prices up, like pretty much every other company. I don't get the point in obfuscating your prices like that. And spending a week on the first rep to then not get the prices I asked for (and she gave me the wrong price off by 20% on one of the products :S ) was just a horrible user experience...

@Home Made Power did you buy direct from Seplos? How did you contact them? They don't seem to be responding to the "contact us" page :(

EDIT I take that back, message landed in Spam. Always check Spam!

I want one of their BMSs but the stores on AliExpress are pulling the bait-and-switch, advertise for $250 with the LCD then send a message saying it's another $160 without the LCD. Order cancelled. Meanwhile they continue to advertise at $250 ...

Back