diy solar

diy solar

My suggestions for the EcoFlow app - Email

dnjinwi

I sent EcoFlow an email with my ideas of what they could add to the app and firmware. If you have any others let me know and I'll add them and let EcoFlow know.

Hello!

I’d love to see these ideas implemented into the upcoming versions of the EcoFlow app and device firmware for the RIVER series. Please share these with the engineering team.

1. Discharge Limit - Prevents the battery from being discharged below an adjustable percentage, say 20% to maintain battery health and extend its life. Just add another slider on the other end of the currently available charge limit slider. Have an option for the previously active outputs to be reactivated once charge hits another adjustable percentage, say 60%. Enables unit to be used without constant need to go back and turn outputs back on.

2. AC input limit - Add and adjustable limiter, similar to the currently available car input limiter, for AC input. Adjustable in wattage and/or amperage.

3. Add additional ambient light options for RIVER MAX - Add additional options under current ambient light menu.
a. Charge level bar - Add or remove lights to indicate charge level
b. Charge level color - Fade color from green to red to indicate charge level
c. Input power bar - Add or remove lights to indicate input wattage. Additional end point slider for min and max.
d. Input power color - Fade color from blue to green to red to indicate input wattage. Additional end point slider for min and max.
e. Output power bar - Add or remove lights to indicate output wattage. Additional end point slider for min and max.
f. Output power color - Fade color from blue to green to red to indicate output wattage. Additional end point slider for min and max.

4. Custom fan curve - Add a screen to adjust the fan curve for temperature vs fan speed so the user can adjust if they want the unit to stay quieter or stay cooler. Similar to fan curves on a PC.

5. Output voltage display - Show the current voltage of the various outputs.
a. USB-C PD output voltage
b. USB-A FAST output voltage
c. AC output voltage (for X-BOOST)

6. Total pack voltage (V), current (A) and power (W) and per cell voltage (V), current (A) and power (W) monitor - Allows technical users to view the energy going into and out of of the complete pack and the individual parallel groups. Data from BMS.

7. Input and output schedule - Turn on and off as well as adjust limits for each input and output on a schedule. Allows connected accessories such as lights to be turned on and off on a timer. Adjustable by the week, day, hour and minute. Input power schedule could be used for users with AC time of use energy billing to charge when power is cheaper (off peak times) and discharge when more expensive peak times).

8. Additional temperature sensors - Show any additional temperature sensors that the unit has to the user in the app. Label what component the sensor is monitoring.

Please take these ideas and share them with the engineering team so they can add these to the app and firmware in upcoming updates.

Thanks!
I'll update if/when I get any responses.

UPDATE 1:
Thanks for reaching out EcoFlow support team.

We have forwareded your comment to our related department and your concerns have been added to the list of ideas and helpful improvements we send to our Management and Engineering teams. EcoFlow is extremely driven to improve its products to meet the majority of our customers' needs.

We appreciate the feedback.
Please let us know if you need further assistance.

After re-reading your original post I notice you have the Delta River. I do have the Delta Pro and many of the options are available:

1. Discharge Limit - Prevents the battery from being discharged below an adjustable percentage, say 20% to maintain battery health and extend its life. Just add another slider on the other end of the currently available charge limit slider. The Delta Pro does allow a Discharge Limit. However the calculation as to how long the unit will last on a given condition is always calculated back to 0%. Have an option for the previously active outputs to be reactivated once charge hits another adjustable percentage, say 60%. Enables unit to be used without constant need to go back and turn outputs back on. Nice Idea.

2. AC input limit - Add and adjustable limiter, similar to the currently available car input limiter, for AC input. Adjustable in wattage and/or amperage. Adjustable from 200 - 1800w. The switch on the back of the Delta Pro needs to be set to User Selectable. I don't think the River has this switch.

3. Add additional ambient light options for RIVER MAX - Add additional options under current ambient light menu.
c. Input power bar - Add or remove lights to indicate input wattage. Additional end point slider for min and max.
d. Input power color - Fade color from blue to green to red to indicate input wattage. Additional end point slider for min and max.
e. Output power bar - Add or remove lights to indicate output wattage. Additional end point slider for min and max.
f. Output power color - Fade color from blue to green to red to indicate output wattage. Additional end point slider for min and max.
Not sure how the app works for you, but the app does provide a graphical display with arrows showing Input or Output adjusted for the current rate of charge/discharge. But these are nice tweak ideas.

4. Custom fan curve - Add a screen to adjust the fan curve for temperature vs fan speed so the user can adjust if they want the unit to stay quieter or stay cooler. Similar to fan curves on a PC. Not available on Delta Pro.

a. USB-C PD output voltage -
Shows Wattage
b. USB-A FAST output voltage - Shows Wattage
c. AC output voltage (for X-BOOST) - I have never used X-Boost. And I didn't catch voltage in the first quick read.

6. Total pack voltage (V), current (A) and power (W) and per cell voltage (V), current (A) and power (W) monitor - Allows technical users to view the energy going into and out of of the complete pack and the individual parallel groups. Data from BMS. Yes and State of Health

7. Input and output schedule - Turn on and off as well as adjust limits for each input and output on a schedule. Allows connected accessories such as lights to be turned on and off on a timer. Adjustable by the week, day, hour and minute. Input power schedule could be used for users with AC time of use energy billing to charge when power is cheaper (off peak times) and discharge when more expensive peak times). Great Idea.

8. Additional temperature sensors - Show any additional temperature sensors that the unit has to the user in the app. Label what component the sensor is monitoring. Yes, give me all data on an advanced screen.

Here is what I see on the App. Some items do create other popups:

Attachments

• MainScreen.jpg
    MainScreen.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 2
  • BottomMain.jpg
    BottomMain.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Settings.jpg
    Settings.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 2
After re-reading your original post I notice you have the Delta River. I do have the Delta Pro and many of the options are available:

1. Discharge Limit - Prevents the battery from being discharged below an adjustable percentage, say 20% to maintain battery health and extend its life. Just add another slider on the other end of the currently available charge limit slider. The Delta Pro does allow a Discharge Limit. However the calculation as to how long the unit will last on a given condition is always calculated back to 0%. Have an option for the previously active outputs to be reactivated once charge hits another adjustable percentage, say 60%. Enables unit to be used without constant need to go back and turn outputs back on. Nice Idea.

2. AC input limit - Add and adjustable limiter, similar to the currently available car input limiter, for AC input. Adjustable in wattage and/or amperage. Adjustable from 200 - 1800w. The switch on the back of the Delta Pro needs to be set to User Selectable. I don't think the River has this switch.

Not sure how the app works for you, but the app does provide a graphical display with arrows showing Input or Output adjusted for the current rate of charge/discharge. But these are nice tweak ideas.

4. Custom fan curve - Add a screen to adjust the fan curve for temperature vs fan speed so the user can adjust if they want the unit to stay quieter or stay cooler. Similar to fan curves on a PC. Not available on Delta Pro.

a. USB-C PD output voltage -
Shows Wattage
b. USB-A FAST output voltage - Shows Wattage
c. AC output voltage (for X-BOOST) - I have never used X-Boost. And I didn't catch voltage in the first quick read.

6. Total pack voltage (V), current (A) and power (W) and per cell voltage (V), current (A) and power (W) monitor - Allows technical users to view the energy going into and out of of the complete pack and the individual parallel groups. Data from BMS. Yes and State of Health

7. Input and output schedule - Turn on and off as well as adjust limits for each input and output on a schedule. Allows connected accessories such as lights to be turned on and off on a timer. Adjustable by the week, day, hour and minute. Input power schedule could be used for users with AC time of use energy billing to charge when power is cheaper (off peak times) and discharge when more expensive peak times). Great Idea.

8. Additional temperature sensors - Show any additional temperature sensors that the unit has to the user in the app. Label what component the sensor is monitoring. Yes, give me all data on an advanced screen.

Here is what I see on the App. Some items do create other popups:
Wow. That's nice. Hopefully they add these to the cheaper models, though I doubt they will to try to get people to buy the larger ones.

Back