diy solar

diy solar

My system

Mikevet

Building teardrop camper. Lithium ampere 24 volt 200 amp battery. Used 2 ga wire from battery to main disconnect. Same size cable to mpp solar pip 2424 all in one unit. Inverter is 2800 watt. From there I used 240 volt extension cord wire to ac panel panel has three 15 and 20 amp circuits. I have some questions. There are internal fuses in the pip and lithium battery. Do I need large fuse for ac side or can I just put the ac power to my fuse box and use one of my slots to connect main wire from pip and put a larger fuse there then let that feed the panel? not sure if they make a fuse that large to put in a slot. If not, I will buy a circuit breaker to mount next to pip.
2nd part of system is dc. I will run power from outlet of main disconnect to 24/12v 80 amp converter. Question. The converter is a victron Orion. It has a positive a input and a output. Then one neg post. The question is ….what connects to this one neg post? Is the 24 volt neg from battery AND the negative to my 12 volt fuse distribution panel both connected to this one post? The wire size I’m using here is 10 gauge wire. Run is about 8 feet from converter to panel. Do I need a main fuse after main disconnect or is the one in the lithium battery good enough? I did ac power test and I’m good for surge and running amperage. What do u think Of system? Anything I need to add?

Back