diy solar

diy solar

My Thousand dollar 2400Wh backup system is mostly done!

A.Justice

Swears he didn't start that fire.
It works! I have a better Victron charge controller on the way, but other than that, it works great!

Eight 3.6v (edit 3.2v) CALB batteries (4s2p), XiaoXiang 150 amp BMS, 500 watt inverter (soon to be upgraded), 600 watts of currently connected panels, Amazon shut, and a fire extinguisher.

Charges all my flashlight, tool, and vape batteries, laptops and phones. I also use it to watch TV at night, and to run the bedroom lamps. The power rarely goes out here, but it's just enough to be comfortable for a few days.

I still need to add a low voltage disconnect on a solenoid switch, and rewire some panels with a larger gauge wire.

Attachments

• 20201109_132344.jpg
    20201109_132344.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Those look like 3.2V batteries. When stating a battery's voltage, you use the nominal voltage, not the charge voltage. 3.6 or 3.7 are nominal voltages for Lithium NMC and Li-Po chemistries.

Congrats on keeping the budget tight!

Did you get the bluetooth device for the BMS? I just got one of those recently and I love it.

Those look like 3.2V batteries. When stating a battery's voltage, you use the nominal voltage, not the charge voltage. 3.6 or 3.7 are nominal voltages for Lithium NMC and Li-Po chemistries.

Congrats on keeping the budget tight!
My mistake, thank you for the correction!

Did you get the bluetooth device for the BMS? I just got one of those recently and I love it.
I did, and it's awesome. I had one before that didn't have an interface, But with this one I can actually set my battery parameters, and not let it charge over 85%.

Back