diy solar

diy solar

Name your price for drawing up a simple diagram. I will pay it!!! Please! Desperate.

Visionguild

I have tried to find someone local with no luck. I have posted many post here but I do not have the time to learn electrical engineering and most folks here are operating on such a high level that I cannot make sense of the answers. I realize I have made the mistake of buying gear Will said was easy to hookup without knowing what I was doing. I'm stuck with the gear and it has collected dust for 2 months because I can't seem to get a basic diagram of how to hook it up. Every question is met with more questions. I don't seem to know how to ask the right questions.

I will pay someone $500 dollars to draw up a diagram for me and tell me what I need to buy. I'll pay whatever. I'm defeated at this point. Please don't respond unless you are interested in doing this. I appreciate everyone on here trying to help with my last several post, I really do, I just don't have the time to learn all of this. That's why I bought this gear to begin with, as I thought it would be easy. Lesson has been learned.

Here's what I have.
Two SPF 48V Growatt 3000TL LVM-ES inverters. https://www.signaturesolar.com/prod...f-grid-inverter-by-growatt?ref=cPwLcVc0SW-BjN

Two Signature Solar 48V Lithium batteries.

The exact units are in this video of Wills,

I have 16 310 Watt panels, I will include the specs in an image below. I understand what it means to run them in series into a combiner box so as to not overload the inverters.

I want to run them in parallel split phase out to a subpanel so I can have a 220 circuit and some 110 circuits.

I would like to trickle charge my tesla if possible but otherwise I will only be using at most 3000W worth of loads. I am off grid entirely and will remain so. As I build my house I would use more, so let's say that the full 6000W of the two inverters is what I may ultimately need. If I can't charge my Tesla that's fine.

I can put it all together. I just need someone to pretend they have this gear, without the option of getting more batteries or inverters, and draw up what they would do. I know how it's supposed to be structured, but I don't know the details of what amp ratings my fuses need or the bus bars or the subpanel box and how to set that up.

Below is a diagram of what I want to do, it's similar to this video by Will only smaller.
He says he charges his Tesla off of this system so I believe that it should be possible to at least charge it somewhat as I can lower the input draw from the Tesla to suit the system.

I tried hiring a local. He wants $250 an hour and insist on installing it himself. The contractors here won't touch it. What do I do? I run a small company and work 80 hours a week. I cannot take the time to learn this. I just need someone to again, pretend this is your son living on a desert island and these are the parts he has. What would you send him and how would you show him how to hook it up? I don't know where else to turn or what else I can do to get someone to just sit down and do this without literally just paying whatever you want. Is $500 enough? A $1000, If I could get Will on the phone for 30 minutes, I know he could tell me what to do. I will paypal or whatever anyone wants to do.

I understand I made a mistake buying this stuff. I'm stuck with it now so you can name your price and I'll pay it as I have already invested thousands and have gotten nowhere. I just need a diagram. That's all. I will answer any questions I can that will help in drawing this up. I realllllly hope someone wants to make some money. I'd rather pay someone here than the local guy who will cost me way more. Thank you for your time.

Below is the mockup, it is based on this video,
however because the batteries have their own breaker I don't think I need breakers. Will does say to install t class fuses when using two of these batteries in parallel. The batteries will be less than two feel from the inverters.

Attachments

• IMG_8950.jpg
    IMG_8950.jpg
    581.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_8753.jpg
    IMG_8753.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 30
Actually before we do this...
Does this have to pass inspection from any regulatory body?
Have you considered how this will effect your insurance?
Also please post a picture of the back of one of your panels.
That assumes they are all identical.

It does not. It will not effect my insurance. The units have the cables that allow them to be run in parallel. They only output 120V so I need to sum them to get the 240 at the box. Correct? When you say two identical system, are you meaning running them both separately? If that works, that's fine, I just have been told that's not the way to do it. But I don't know.

the cables are the communication cables that they have. My fabrication skills? I guess that depends.

This is the very basic first iteration of the overall design
It does not. It will not effect my insurance. The units have the cables that allow them to be run in parallel. They only output 120V so I need to sum them to get the 240 at the box. Correct? When you say two identical system, are you meaning running them both separately? If that works, that's fine, I just have been told that's not the way to do it. But I don't know.

The integration between the all_in_ones is a signal wire and some configuration.
That is what makes them produce synchronized 120/240 split phase electricity.
Code:
dc_domain {
    system_1 {
        pos {
            battery_1.pos<->all_in_one_1.pos<->double_pole_single_throw_breaker<->panels_in_series.pos
        }
        neg {
            battery_1.neg<->all_in_one_1.neg<->double_pole_single_throw_breaker<->panels_in_series.neg
        }
    }
    system_2 {
        * copy of system_1
        * completely separate from a dc standpoint
    }
}

Last edited:
yes, I am very familiar with that diagram. but it says nothing about busbars, fuses, wire gauge, panel setup. etc. I need the nuts and bolts of what I need to buy. an actual parts list.

yes, I am very familiar with that diagram. but it says nothing about busbars, fuses, wire gauge, panel setup. etc. I need the nuts and bolts of what I need to buy. an actual parts list.
Please quote the person you are responding to so that we can all follow along better.

They need to share the batteries, each can have it's own set of panels. No connection to grid side, outputs connect the neutrals together and each unit live is each 120v leg.

So a parts list and a diagram?

Back