diy solar

diy solar

National Economy Vs. Global Economy

svetz

Works in theory! Practice? That's something else
Just saw a real eye-opener video. In it, some Democrats were talking about combating China's economical domination so America wouldn't fall farther behind.
Yes, Democrats...not Republicans. Long, mostly boring video, but the gist of it was a lot of countries had committed to carbon zero by 2050 and that was a lot of money, so let's bring that money here for Michigan's Joe rather than have it go to China's Zhao.

Before anyone says anything that'll get themselves banned, that's not the point of this thread. This has been the summer of shocks for me, long-held beliefs getting questioned. Like why is more important for my neighbor in Michigan to have a job than my neighbor in Nanjing? What about Seoul?

Ideally, everyone has a good job and income. Today the answer feels obvious... the guy in Michigan is paying taxes that go towards the well-being of our nation. The guy in Seoul is paying taxes to a valuable allied nation. The guy in China is paying taxes towards a foreign and potentially hostile nation.

The EU was a consolidation of governance just as the U.S. was for the states and the Soviet Union was for a number of countries. Each has similar benefits and problems.

The League of Nations came out of WWI. The UN out of WW II. Neither have had stellar results, but each was better than the last.

If the "War on Climate Change" is as big an effort as WWII, could there be a time when our children learn from our past failures and create some form of world governance? Imagine if Canada, the U.S., the U.K., Japan, and Australia got together. Not a single country, but more like the EU or US states. Economically wouldn't dominoes start to fall where India, South American countries and African Countries would want to join? Perhaps then the EU and Russia would merge into it? Possibly even China? Or perhaps singularity would occur first and wouldn't make a difference? Okay, enough crazy talk from me, got work to do... ;-)

Just saw a real eye-opener video. In it, some Democrats were talking about combating China's economical domination so America wouldn't fall farther behind.
Yes, Democrats...not Republicans. Long, mostly boring video, but the gist of it was a lot of countries had committed to carbon zero by 2050 and that was a lot of money, so let's bring that money here for Michigan's Joe rather than have it go to China's Zhao.

Before anyone says anything that'll get themselves banned, that's not the point of this thread. This has been the summer of shocks for me, long-held beliefs getting questioned. Like why is more important for my neighbor in Michigan to have a job than my neighbor in Nanjing? What about Seoul?

Ideally, everyone has a good job and income. Today the answer feels obvious... the guy in Michigan is paying taxes that go towards the well-being of our nation. The guy in Seoul is paying taxes to a valuable allied nation. The guy in China is paying taxes towards a foreign and potentially hostile nation.

The EU was a consolidation of governance just as the U.S. was for the states and the Soviet Union was for a number of countries. Each has similar benefits and problems.

The League of Nations came out of WWI. The UN out of WW II. Neither have had stellar results, but each was better than the last.

If the "War on Climate Change" is as big an effort as WWII, could there be a time when our children learn from our past failures and create some form of world governance? Imagine if Canada, the U.S., the U.K., Japan, and Australia got together. Not a single country, but more like the EU or US states. Economically wouldn't dominoes start to fall where India, South American countries and African Countries would want to join? Perhaps then the EU and Russia would merge into it? Possibly even China? Or perhaps singularity would occur first and wouldn't make a difference? Okay, enough crazy talk from me, got work to do... ;-)
if the iq wins from human nature, there may be hope just yet for our planet ;)

Its not just taxes.
Its putting money in your your neighbors pocket so that he can put it in your other neighbor's pocket and that other neighbor putting some money in your pocket.
I may however be off by a century.

Back