diy solar

diy solar

Navitas 25Ah (or other LiFePO4 battery) - orientation.

petee_c

Just wondering.

Do LiFePO4 batteries care what orientation they are in? I'm building a trolling motor battery with 8 cells in 2p4s configuration to get 12v 50Ah, but the batteries would fit so much better in the kayak, if I could lay them down on their side...

I thought I saw somewhere to have them with the terminals up, but I can't be certain if I made that up.

I was told by a senior member (I think on this forum, maybe on another one) to keep them upright, but I could be wrong.

Edit: They are technically "Topband" brand, you could probably email the manufacturer or find a spec sheet.

thx. I've put online requests to both Topbands and Navitas...

Topband's chat asked me to talk to Navitas.

I put in a question to the online form on Navitas...

I may end up keeping them upright for now...

thx. I've put online requests to both Topbands and Navitas...

Topband's chat asked me to talk to Navitas.

I put in a question to the online form on Navitas...

I may end up keeping them upright for now...
I was sent this from TopBand support today.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210815-204154_Docs.jpg
    Screenshot_20210815-204154_Docs.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 23
Thanks... I've been keeping them up right for now, although on the side would be better for me..... I'm only running a fairly low draw, usually 5amps or so, max is 18amps from a 50Ah Battery Pack...

Just ok may work for me - option B

Thanks... I've been keeping them up right for now, although on the side would be better for me..... I'm only running a fairly low draw, usually 5amps or so, max is 18amps from a 50Ah Battery Pack...

Just ok may work for me - option B
I'm trying to get a 4S pack to fit in an ammo can, my project had stalled for months because I didn't know if I could put them sideways or not. They are just a TINY bit too tall for any of the smaller plastic or metal ammo cans, and it would be ridiculous to use a size up. They fit almost perfectly surrounded by half-inch foam on their side.

Back