diy solar

diy solar

NC solar coop

Famtraveler24

Hello all. I'm curious if anyone thinks there is a business case to be made for a solar panel and battery distribution co-op in central NC or the SE in general. Seems like most interest and vendors are not in the SE and that it is difficult for folks (shipping costs, e.g.) to get access to panels and prismatic cells in this region. BUT, of we combined our buying power and bought in bulk, we could sell for local, or regional pickup.

What do people think?

Thx!

There is a lot of solar installer companies making money selling money pyramids people don't see... it would be hard to get past that.

I have read in the SE the utilities are not as receptive to net metering as other areas. May not provide the economic benefit as other areas.

you could allways start a group buy in you area. ,get together and buy a bunch solar panels deliver them to one spot everbody picks them in one spot that way you can split the cost of shipping many people on this site have done it

That sounds like something to pursue. Is there a business case for it? Or are these types of group buys solely to pool purchasing power? I would think there should be some benefit to the person handling the orders?

Back