diy solar

diy solar

Need 3000w Pure Sine. Which brands are quality?

MrSunshine

I'd like to get a 3000w Pure Sine with at least a 5000w surge to 6000w surge. I can do 12V or 24V as I can wire my batts...

Long ago, I bought a 2500w inverter off Ebay that was somewhat "cheaper" in price. It was probably from China. It failed after a short while. I'd rather not experience this again. I've heard a saying "you can't afford to go cheap" before. I'm learning that well today. It's not worth $349 twice and each lasts 2 years when $499 buys decent longevity for 10 years.

So let me ask this, are there any inverter brands that I could expect a 10 -> 15 year life out of? How about companies that don't "fudge" the specs?

I don't need to top of the line, just good solid components. I don't even care about screens & displays (it's fine if they have them, but not needed). Just good quality / longevity.

Is Xantrex still a good brand? How about Reliable (they are all over but look China like sort of)? Then I see Giandel, Aims, and SUNGOLDPOWER. Needless to say I'm a bit overwhelmed and sort of mixed up on what to buy. Any experiences, suggestions, thoughts? Thanks in advance! :)

I have a couple Reliables that work for me. Both 48v. One 3kw, one 1.5kw.

I hope to try Samlex when they finally produce a 48v version.

My xantrex is many years old. The gen. input relay was arcing and would shut the charging down. Since I don't have
any power other than solar I switched the gen. to the grid input and it works great maybe the rest of my life.
I do think about the 'all in one's', but this system only needs lfp batteries!

Thanks. How long have you had them?

I think 4 years for the 3kw one. Just a few days for the 1.5kw one.

I will note that Reliable is generally NOT considered a high quality name. Maybe just a good knockoff?

I have no Idea about American 120v systems.
Samlex and Xantrex look like real quality products that make no consessoins

I've had my share of cheap ones, and while they are in the basics not bad,not bad at all, they simply cut the costs on the things that keep them alive for long time.
= Ventilation!
= Cooling
= Thermal protection
= Cheap capacitor...

I now use the all in one Revo II, 3.2 KW.
This one I know have good quality components, and good safety features.

For all inverters.
The ones with big coper coil can do about double peak loads for + 30 seconds.
But you talk many kilos here.

The ones that use triodes, diodes a d other smaller components, are limited.
Peak 5000w, yes, for 1 second or so...
Enough to start electric motor.

Apparently,the ones with big coil "never" dies.
You might need to replace the PCB I'd a mouse go inside, but they are cheap and easy to replace.
The coil, most expensive part, almost always stay intact.

I have one old China with big coil, 2000w.
And have abused it more then good...
Still works :)

If you like to use it long, long time..
Pure sine wave with big coper coil.

Bigger is better :)

I have been running my house on it for nearly 3 years with no problems. I use the 48VDC to 230VAC split phase pure sine. Get a split phase inverter else you will only have 230VAC OR 115 VAC. With a split phase inverter you will have 230VAC AND 115VAC. The higher the input voltage = more efficient conversion as a matter of physics. There is a cost to having so much power available in a few milliseconds (250w). That is 6kwh/day just to have power and with no load. The smaller units draw less so pick what is best for you. I got the big unit because I power my home. AC, water pump, water heater, dishwasher, washer/dryer, etc... Highly recommend AIMS.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_5217.JPG
    IMG_5217.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 31
This is a 12 V looking to trade for a 24 or sell it almost brand new did not know what I was doing and got the wrong one they will not take it back

Attachments

• EBF80C72-00B6-4CFE-9C84-0921A5BFD362.png
    EBF80C72-00B6-4CFE-9C84-0921A5BFD362.png
    415.2 KB · Views: 20
Back