diy solar

diy solar

Need a 60V 80ah battery

emilevirus

I'm looking to buy a 60V lifepo4 80ah pack for my system but I'm kinda lost. 60V doesn't seem to be a common voltage. I already have a 60V 4000W inverter. I'm looking on Alibaba and requesting quotes but I'm not sure what to look for. I'd like a cheap pack but not too cheap either to be reliable. How much should I be paying for 60v 80ah? Any suggestions? Any tips?

How about building your own DIY?
Are you comfortable working with Lifepo4 cells, adding a BMS, etc ... ?

I'm looking to buy a 60V lifepo4 80ah pack for my system but I'm kinda lost. 60V doesn't seem to be a common voltage. I already have a 60V 4000W inverter. I'm looking on Alibaba and requesting quotes but I'm not sure what to look for. I'd like a cheap pack but not too cheap either to be reliable. How much should I be paying for 60v 80ah? Any suggestions? Any tips?
Need a link to the inverter you already have.

From everything I see in that ad, 4000 Watt unit is a 12 volt DC input. However, under more details they show voltage ranges for the 12 volt and the 24 volt version 24 volt version goes up to 30 volts input therefore the 48 volt version might go all the way to 60 volts. I think you were looking for a 48 volt battery not a 60 volt battery. If I am proven wrong, however, good luck finding an off-the-shelf 60 volt battery.

You can have a 60V nominal battery by putting five 12V (nominal) ones in series.
That inverter though (which, IMHO, doesn't look... too good, but hey) really seems to have a 10-60V input range.
So, 60V nominal, 70V charged, forget it. Go 24, looks like the ideal voltage for it.

Also, 80Ah, if you draw 10Ah average (~260W at 24V) will give you ~7 hours discharge (if lithium).
If you draw half, 14. Not much.
-

You can have a 60V nominal battery by putting five 12V (nominal) ones in series.
That inverter though (which, IMHO, doesn't look... too good, but hey) really seems to have a 10-60V input range.
So, 60V nominal, 70V charged, forget it. Go 24, looks like the ideal voltage for it.

Also, 80Ah, if you draw 10Ah average (~260W at 24V) will give you ~7 hours discharge (if lithium).
If you draw half, 14. Not much.
-
There’s usually a limit to how many batteries you can put in series based off the BMS. I’ve seen BMS say nothing, most common on Ali Babba, or 1 or 2 in series to as much as 4 in series for a Battleborn battery.

Honestly, a little uncomfortable reaching out to most manufacturers if they do not list this on the advertisement. I would not have a lot of faith the answer they gave me was correct unless they said only one in series.

Back