diy solar

diy solar

Need advice for a BMS for use with a large BMW battery pack.

I meant to I'll have 18 panels in total... my small 3 panel set up will repurposed.. so them 3 panels will go into the whole set up..
Charge controller is going to be 2x EpEver 60A controllers ( 9 panels on each one 3s3p ) 12 on the roof and 6 on the ground racks.
Inverter is an AIMES 120V 2kw - 6kw surge.. I will not be totally off grid.. but my system will be running circuits that are totally isolated.
My power co. does not support solar.
I have 3 battery banks ready and wired up with the BMS's you suggested.. I need to order 3 more soon.
My plan is to get half of it up and running ( 9 panels, 1 charge controller and charge 3 strings of batteries for now, til i get the funds to buy the rest of my supplies.
as for my loads... i plan to run all the lights in the house, 2 fridges, microwave, tv, washing machine etc.. most items are intermittent use..
I just got me a Kill-O-Watt meter.. so i can estimate how much power my fridges will use. I plan to also install dedicated solar outlets in the house as well... I found some nice Yellow colored outlets made by Levington. The Inverter also has a built in battery charger if i ever choose to use it.
I been rearranging my home made solar rack to fit the bigger panels. almost done...Just need to find someone to help me get the panels up there.

if i have luck.. i'll get all panels mounted to the roof this weekend....finally...i'll then at least get half of my system up and running..

Ok, i got my racks reconfigured for the panels now.. while i was up there , i decided to wash the roof, it was nasty looking with all the red mold/mildew ? looked online and everyone suggested 50/50 of clorox and water.
it did great, had to do it 2x, and a few spots 3x. but roof looks almost as good as new now.
So now, i just gotta get the panels up there and start mounting and connecting them together..

ok,, update, i finally got panels on my roof 12 of them m 6 will have to be mounted on the ground.. 18 total.. just have to get them all connected now.... i hope to have half (9 panels ) of the system powered up soon...

Attachments

• 20210901_194922.jpg
    20210901_194922.jpg
    690.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210901_194935.jpg
    20210901_194935.jpg
    728.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20210901_194929.jpg
    20210901_194929.jpg
    671.4 KB · Views: 1
Back