diy solar

diy solar

Need advice on Anti-Islanding protection options

D0T-C0M

I'm designing a grid-tie solar array with battery backup. My utility requires my grid-tie inverter to be compliant to L1741/IEEE1547 standard in regards to Anti-islanding protection. Typically this means if the utility goes out, your inverter automatically detects this and for safety reasons disconnects itself from backfeeding the utility grid.

I understand completely the safety reasons for the rule but during utility outages I would still like to power a few selected loads. Are there grid tie inverters on the market that will disconnect itself from the utility satisfying the anti-islanding protection rules and bypass the AC panel to feed a few selected loads? What other options available to me?

I'm trying to source a MPPSolar V2 Hybrid 5048 inverter in Canada. Can't find any supplier on the web. Even amazon and ebay don't have any listed. Anyone know where I can get 2 of these inverters in Canada? Are there other inverters the users here can recommend. I need a hybrid grid tie inverter capable of satisfying the anti-islanding protection requirement but also able to feed certain loads while the utility power is out.

Did you ever find something? I'm having the same issue, all I need is an anti-islanding device, how dose this not exist..?

I'm quite sure Victron Multi plus 2 do that, but that is not an all-in-one inverter.

Schneider Electric XW series of inverters would do it. Several models for different Grid voltages

( and now I see this is a old old post, but the XW still would work )

Back