diy solar

diy solar

Need an AC/DC Charger - ISDT BattGo T8?

Let me know if you want a parts list and links of wires and connectors and stuff for this. Its almost all on amazon.
yes please . . . what is the loom you are referring to? I've got and 8s setup for 24v. If I buy the charger, what else do I need to charge with AC? I assume just a power supply?

Does the power supply have to be 500w? What is the minimum power supply that I can use?!

Thanks!

I think Larry is done with this thread so hopefully ok to hijack it...

I only have 4S and 6S batteries. This is the loom that I use:

The key is JST XH is the most common size for the BattGo and HobbyMate and other chargers/monitors. You will want the 8S version of course.

I like ones like this since the wires are long but i've often soldered extensions on and put a ring connector on the end. These are technically extensions but I've cut the female end off almost all of them - they can be used to make a longer set too easily, this is a nice feature.

Hopefully this helps, apologies to Larry619 for the use of his fairway.

Regarding a power supply, i still do not own one. My power supply is the bright thing in the sky which i use with an SCC to charge a battery which acts as my power supply... part of the beauty of having bought more LiFePO4 batteries than a normal person would.

If you happen to have a hefty PC laying around, i'd try using the power supply from that to feed the BattGo. The XT-60 connectors may out at 60amps technically and they get warm around 50 amps so i'm not sure i would recommend a lot more than that.

Adding more tidbits:

These for extending the loom wires:

14awg for the Xt-60 connectors:

Shrink wrap for XT-60 connectors - it makes them pretty solid:

Nice battery disconnect:

Cheap and cheerful digital volt meter - its really pretty good!

This was a life saver. I could not solder to save my life until i got this, now i'm pretty good:

Last edited:
I think Larry is done with this thread so hopefully ok to hijack it...

I only have 4S and 6S batteries. This is the loom that I use:

The key is JST XH is the most common size for the BattGo and HobbyMate and other chargers/monitors. You will want the 8S version of course.

I like ones like this since the wires are long but i've often soldered extensions on and put a ring connector on the end. These are technically extensions but I've cut the female end off almost all of them - they can be used to make a longer set too easily, this is a nice feature.

Hopefully this helps, apologies to Larry619 for the use of his fairway.

Regarding a power supply, i still do not own one. My power supply is the bright thing in the sky which i use with an SCC to charge a battery which acts as my power supply... part of the beauty of having bought more LiFePO4 batteries than a normal person would.

If you happen to have a hefty PC laying around, i'd try using the power supply from that to feed the BattGo. The XT-60 connectors may out at 60amps technically and they get warm around 50 amps so i'm not sure i would recommend a lot more than that.

By all means please continue the discussion. Due to the Coronavirus, i've diverted my attention (and money) to other matters at the moment. My batteries have remained untouched in my garage. I still need to bottom and top balance them and i'm still in need of a bench PSU and an AC charger.

I even still have the BattGo T8 in my Amazon cart lol.

I'm looking forward to your parts list!

....i should also add that Will's latest video with the all-in-one MPP Solar unit is really intriguing. If i go that route, i may not need to worry about a separate AC charger.

I'm still a little confused . . . do I need a power supply that can supply the full 1000watts? IE could I connect this directly to solar panels to charge batteries?

. do I need a power supply that can supply the full 1000watts?
I think your power supply can be less than 1000w, otherwise it woyld not be very useful and easily used. I recall the input voltage is 10v-30v. (From memory so make sure to rtfm).

Back