diy solar

diy solar

Need Assistance with Victron MPPT Initial Setup with 3.2 V Prismatic Batteries 24 V

Greg55618688

Hello all,

I bought 16 3.2 volt 271 amp CATL batteries from Alibaba for a 24 volt battery bank.
I have a 150/60 Victron MPPT solar charger.
I haven’t installed the batteries yet or performed the initial setup of the MPPT.
I came across a video reporting these are the MPPT settings related to the battery that will need to be completed.

Absorption Voltage:
Float Voltage:
Equalization Voltage:
Re-Bulk Voltage offset:
Absorption Duration: (Adaptive/Fixed)
Maximum Absorption Time:
Tail Current:
Equalization Current Percentage:
Automatic Equalization: (Disabled / Equalize every ____ Days)
Equalization stop mode: (Fixed Time / Automatic on Voltage)
Maximum Equalization Duration:
Temperature Compensation (mV/°C):
Low-Temperature Cutoff (optional):

I asked Alibaba for the recommendations for these settings and they sent back a document that doesn’t contain the information I could identify..

If anyone else has also setup a Victron MPPT using these CATL batteries or similar prismatic EVE, Lishen batteries would anyone want to please share your Victron MPPT setup values for these settings?

Thanks, Greg

I setup mine using Victron’s Lithium default setting. I found these to be good. It ended up being slightly more conservative than what I was going to use.

I setup mine using Victron’s Lithium default setting. I found these to be good. It ended up being slightly more conservative than what I was going to use.
Just over a week ago I setup a Victron 150/45 for two 12V 206Ah SOK batteries in series. I just used the default LiFePO4 settings with one exception. I changed the absorption time from the default of 2 hours to just 15 minutes.

For long service life having the absorption voltage and float lower than the default values will be an advantage, I suggest:

Absorption Voltage: 27.6 volts
Float Voltage: 27 volts
Equalization Voltage: NA, Disabled
Re-Bulk Voltage offset: 0.2 volts
Absorption Duration: (Adaptive/Fixed) Fixed
Maximum Absorption Time: 15 minutes
Tail Current: 4%
Equalization Current Percentage: NA, disabled
Automatic Equalization: (Disabled / Equalize every ____ Days) Disabled
Equalization stop mode: (Fixed Time / Automatic on Voltage) NA, Disabled
Maximum Equalization Duration: NA, Disabled
Temperature Compensation (mV/°C): Disabled
Low-Temperature Cutoff (optional): 5C see note

Note, the Victron controller needs external input of battery temperature, for example via the Victron Smart Shunt or the Smart Battery Sense, it does not use the internal sensor.

Its easy to set up the custom values using the 'expert' mode and save this as a 'preset'.

Mike

Back