Need B2B and alternator recommendation for 12 V RV

LarryJForman

I am building a 12V system for our 1969 22 ft. classic RV with solar. I have mounted 6 ea. Battle Born GC2 100 Ah batteries connected to an AIMS 3000 watt inverter/charger/transfer switch. I will be removing the vehicle 12 V flooded lead engine/house batteries and using just the LFP for all RV power and starting the engine. The current alternator is 37 amps and I have found a 140 amp alternator replacement, but running at about 3000 rpms typically the alternator output might be around 80 amps or so. Much beyond 80 amps and the single alternator V-belt will tend to slip. I definitely do not want to over charge the LFPs or over heat the alternator. What B2B would be recommended? I assume the alternator output only go to the B2B and no where else, since there is only one Lithium 12 volt battery bank. I will be installing 800 watts of solar for additional power. The primary drain when driving will be the 13.5 kBtu RecPro heat pump/AC at about 13 amps of 120 VAC. Any recommendations appreciated.

LarryJForman

Oops, I just checked with Battle Born and they do NOT recommend using their GC2s for an engine starting battery. So I need to have a small flooded lead acid battery for an engine starting battery. I will check out the Libin 225 next and also check to see if the manufacturer will recommend a maximum alternator load to prevent burning it out.