Need feedback on GSL lithium batteries

Karam abdo

Hi
I want to install 20 kwh lithium batteries
I found this GSL from china
Did someone try it & since when?
Thank you
Best regards

got them this week, I'm currently running them through their paces.

Attachments

• PXL_20220613_170727423.jpg
    PXL_20220613_170727423.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 34
Info in my manual is poor, missing, confusing. Support is horrible and a real PITA. Warranty is likely to be same.

I despise and regret my experience with GSL. They are not honest nor helpful, especially after they have your money. GSL sells hype, not anything special and their product documentation is horrible, or mine was.

Tech info on my battery is just incomplete. Very bizarre.

Build your own batteries or buy a better documented brand as you will be much further ahead.

My experience with a lot of these Chinese sellers is they are jumping in the market, making money, and that's about it. If you buy the system and it is one that doesn't ever need support, it's amazing - extremely low cost and you are done. However, and this is likely the experience MOST people have, is that at some point you will have a question or an issue - and having someone who can understand what you are saying, and reply back and be understood, is not something that can be easily quantified. For people who have multiple issues and questions, it's a nightmare. In the end, you have to decide if saving a few dollars (because, honestly, the price per watt-hour is not noticeably lower than many competitors) is worth the high chance of little to no support, headaches with set up due to poorly written manuals, and questionable warranty coverage is worth it. I think that decision will be different from one person to another, but it's important to make sure you are ready to stand behind your decision when it doesn't work out the way you want it to.

Richard is correct IME, but I bought my set up from Canada 18 months ago when info was scarce, options in Canada were very few along with retailers, Covid was blocking shipping from USA or travel to USA. DIY options and info were few.

My finances were, are low. My 15 year old lead acids were nearly dead. Living off grid hundreds of kms from the nearest city that had no options meant looking elsewhere online.

GSL were the best option from a bunch of Chinese liars via Alibaba and all were a nightmare to deal with. Never again. But Outback Power USA too has been a royal PITA for support and information. The mind boggles given all their experts.

Options are plentiful if you have the money and also live in the USA. Canada is still a backwater, the industry info is poor for DIY's or those of us with limited finances and it is all confusing as hell for beginners. In Canada retailers are few, shipping is very expensive, etc.. And they don't cooperate or teach (Solacity is a rare exception).

Options like GSL prey on those accepting their BS marketing and sales before service, and very likely to we, the stupid and gullible in 3rd world countries. Customer s not having or Mfg not providing knowledge is what their model probably requires.

Not everyone lives in the USA, near a grid and is wealthy enough to choose better options. Thankfully many here share knowledge.

Looking back now, I would do many things differently and with less stress than 18 months ago.

Last edited:
www.meritsunpower.com Meritsun battery welcome you

Kenny, are your sales low this month that you need to come fishing here for business? Fishing or Phishing? A Scam?

Your web page and products look nearly identical to GSL and all the other batteries coming from China and your web page reads with the same broken English advertising that you are the best and most professional, yet you provide very little information, very little knowledge sharing, very little offer of evidence of real service, you provide NO PRICES of any of your products, you provide no information to consumer shipping for any country, you provide NO EVIDENCE OF TECHNICAL SUPPORT. All you provide is hype or advertising. Why are you personally different and why are your products different and don't reply with vague advertising but instead give us evidence, give us test results comparing products, give us proof of product differences, give the customer more than they are asking for.

As consumers, most of us do not want to deal with a salesman that does not use solar or off grid products and who is sitting in a cubicle working on commission that controls every aspect of our purchase. We want prices of every single product. We want shipping information of price estimates and numbers and time. We do not want vague boasting of being the best or most professional without evidence.

After a sale, can we talk directly to a tech support expert and not the initial salesman? How is your tech support better than GSL or XYZ? Where is proof of your helping and teaching the customer? Show us proof of your products, prices, shipping and tech support.

I highly doubt that you will. I will not buy anything from Meritsun? until you do provide evidence and prices and shipping and technical support.. Dealing with a supplier from China, from North America can be a huge risk to the customer and a HUGE PROBLEM for tech support and warranty. You need to make it worthwhile for customers to take the risk to buy from China and you provide no evidence that you do

First of all, my purpose is simple: everyone is welcome to get to know us
Then, if customers have questions or interests, they can contact our company at any time. If it is a technical problem, there will naturally be a technical engineer who can assist in answering it. If it is a price, there is a business to quote.
Finally, a simple welcome should not be a charge for speculation and suspicion and scolding.
thanks.

Welcome Kenny! But what you say here and on your website is very vague and no different than what I've read and personaly received from GSL and Felicity and others that have exactly the same products and hype as you do. I've also received worse misinformation and broken agreements and lack of support from them. What can I do from the other side of the Pacific Ocean when they stop communicating or providing service? I've been burned once.

There is too much risk, smoke and mirrors and no incentive and you give no reasons to buy from you. Your products look exactly the same as all the rest. So without proof, without prices, without information, why would anyone buy from you given the huge risk? Having a pretty website with staged and stock photos of caucasian businessmen and creative copy writing isn't going to do it anymore. DIY and potential customers here are getting smarter and need more than what you are offering.

And no, I will not deal with a salesman any longer and your product prices and shipping prices and shipping logistics info needs to be posted for people to compare online. Dealing with unknown sales people on commission promising only wonderful things is a horrible business model.

You need to do more than your horrible competition and provide guarantees to distant customers and not just empty words.

Last edited:
I just wanted to let anybody who read this thread that I bought $16000 worth of rack and wall type batteries from a company called TAICO power over alibaba. All good comments and so called ‘3 year watranty’ tricked me into it. Batteries came after 3 months and 3 of them have big problems. After first charge State of Health (SOH) was 85%. Clearly they use either faulty or used batteries in their rack type. They even acknowledged cells have problems after i sent them bms error logs. It has been 2 months and they have not done anything for warranty. They started with chinese holidays, then covid (in sept 2022) and then they even said as an excuse nobody feels like working after holiday. Now i can not install any of them to my customers. Because I have strong feeling that others will fail and obviously their warranty was fake. So please do not trust these companies unless they have solid references in your country. The name of the company is TAICO power contact person on alibaba is NORA. Stay away.

warranty was fake. So please do not trust these companies unless they have solid references in your country. The name of the company is TAICO power contact person on alibaba is NORA. Stay away.
I appreciate the warning about TAICO.

I despise and regret my experience with GSL. They are not honest nor helpful, especially after they have your money. GSL sells hype, not anything special and their product documentation is horrible, or mine was.
I appreciate the warning about GSL batteries. On Alibaba, the ads are misleading especially the posted prices. The only way that you can order off of Alibaba is to get an actual quote from a supplier sales person. Always request the model number, brochure, specification sheet, warranty information and DDP (Delivery Duty Paid).

Don't assume anything. Always ask the stupid questions. Inverters and batteries from the same manufacturer may or may not be compatible, so don't assume that they are. If you want Bluetooth or cables, verify that it is included. If someone tells you that a lithium battery over 35kg can be sent by air ... RUN, it is not permitted by ATTA regulations. Always do your DUE DILIGENCE.

Does anyone have experience with the Pytes/DLG batteries, specifically the E-Box-48100R? I'm very interested in using these batteries with closed loop setting for Luxpower inverters. They are actually available in Panama.

I just read the DLG user manual and I didn't see the BMS Protocol table for closed loop settings for different inverters brand. The battery has the Canbus and RS485 ports and there is an explanation, but nothing about closed loop or open loop or about inverters' brands.

In the manual, it shows logos for 15 inverters manufacturers, which includes Luxpower, Sol-Ark, Growatt, Pylontech, etc. It only shows the trademarks in the margin without any mention that it is compatible with any of these brands.

Does anyone have experience with the Pytes/DLG batteries, specifically the E-Box-48100R? I'm very interested in using these batteries with closed loop setting for Luxpower inverters. They are actually available in Panama.

I just read the DLG user manual and I didn't see the BMS Protocol table for closed loop settings for different inverters brand. The battery has the Canbus and RS485 ports and there is an explanation, but nothing about closed loop or open loop or about inverters' brands.

In the manual, it shows logos for 15 inverters manufacturers, which includes Luxpower, Sol-Ark, Growatt, Pylontech, etc. It only shows the trademarks in the margin without any mention that it is compatible with any of these brands.
looked in to them as their eu base isnt far from me ( 20 minutes) after i saw a topic here
what turned me off from their dlg is the max discharge of 50amp.

seems descent quality

looked in to them as their eu base isnt far from me ( 20 minutes) after i saw a topic here
what turned me off from their dlg is the max discharge of 50amp.

seems descent quality
I would only be using the batteries during a power outage and each hybrid inverter is limited to 50A in off-grid mode. For me 50A is not enough power for my home, so I bought (2) 12K inverters. I will have two hybrid inverters with two or more batteries, so I will have 100A max discharge from the batteries or solar panels for powering my home. I intend to have more batteries, but the inverters will still limit me to 100A by the hybrid inverters.

I would only be using the batteries during a power outage and each hybrid inverter is limited to 50A in off-grid mode. For me 50A is not enough power for my home, so I bought (2) 12K inverters. I will have two hybrid inverters with two or more batteries, so I will have 100A max discharge from the batteries or solar panels. I intend to have more batteries, but the inverters will still limit me to 100A by the hybrid inverters.
if memory serves me, these are also 15s, so mixing with other batteries might be an issue, so be sure to look into that

if memory serves me, these are also 15s, so mixing with other batteries might be an issue, so be sure to look into that
Batteries will all be the same brand and the batteries are connected directly to both hybrid inverters parallel with master/slave interface. Each inverter is rated for a 50A UPS connected load during a power outage. Remember we can parallel 10 inverters, so why would you do that, if you unable to increase the available power for household consumption?

i was reffering to mixing these with 16s battery pack.
i assumed you already had some.
my mistake :)

i was reffering to mixing these with 16s battery pack.
i assumed you already had some.
my mistake :)
No, I have (3) 5Kw Fronius GT inverters with no batteries. I'm now adding (2) 12Kw hybrid inverters and batteries. I have no experience with batteries. I have decided to AC couple the existing inverters to the new hybrid inverters.

got them this week, I'm currently running them through their paces.
How do you find these batteries I'm looking at a 30 kwh rack because they apperently work with SMA 60/48.
Have read some reviews that they are decieving and hard to get warranty support.
Thanks

Back