diy solar

diy solar

Need help avoiding a mistake-Enphase

Bluedog225

Texas
I’m looking at “old” model Panasonic n325k HIT panels. They have a water drainage slot on the frame that will help me on my flat roof. These are still available but being sold off in favor of the new production (without the drain channel). So this is a little time sensitive.

The specs say they are 96 cells in the same size footprint as 60-cell panels.

I plan to use an Enphase IQ8 once they are available.

All the models of the IQ8 say they are optimized for “high-powered 60-cell/120 half-cell and 72-cell/144 half-cell modules.” These Panasonic don’t match these specs.

Can anyone help me understand if this is going to be an issue in terms of matching up one of the IQ8 models with these panels?

Edit: On a related note, the panels are listed as 59.2 Vpm and 70.9 Voc. While the enphase is limited to “58 volts operating range.” Is this a deal breaker?

Many thanks

Attachments

• 11E007E6-92CA-4BC6-8EEB-E611A6DA12E6.jpeg
    11E007E6-92CA-4BC6-8EEB-E611A6DA12E6.jpeg
    238.6 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
58v actually. But I take your point. No way around that with these panels. Too bad. Though putting off my purchase only helps me.

Good IQ8 overview here. He mentions 96-cell application but doesn’t elaborate. None of the IQ8 literature I’ve found mentions it. IQ7’s had a 96 cell version.

Interesting. Thanks.

I don’t know how to interpret the photo in my post above that reads 25v to 58v operating range. Do you know what to make of it? Where did you find these values?

I’m looking at “old” model Panasonic n325k HIT panels. They have a water drainage slot on the frame that will help me on my flat roof. These are still available but being sold off in favor of the new production (without the drain channel). So this is a little time sensitive.

The specs say they are 96 cells in the same size footprint as 60-cell panels.

I plan to use an Enphase IQ8 once they are available.

All the models of the IQ8 say they are optimized for “high-powered 60-cell/120 half-cell and 72-cell/144 half-cell modules.” These Panasonic don’t match these specs.

Can anyone help me understand if this is going to be an issue in terms of matching up one of the IQ8 models with these panels?

Edit: On a related note, the panels are listed as 59.2 Vpm and 70.9 Voc. While the enphase is limited to “58 volts operating range.” Is this a deal breaker?

Many thanks

Those panels are 96 cell modules and will require an IQ 7X microinverter. Use the Enphase module compatibility calculator tool. The IQ 7X microinverters will work with the new IQ controller to power in your home off grid. But I believe you will need a battery and also will need to pay attention to the ratios of the number of micro inverters on the roof to the number of micro inverters in the battery. if you are hoping to install the battery/controller equipment as diy you will need to get certified by enphase at university.enphase.com website. https://enphase.com/installers/microinverters/calculator

Back