diy solar

diy solar

Need help for grid and off grid settings DEYE

Joehebbo

Hello,
Living in lebanon is not easy these days, we have 2 types of grid “ 1st government EDL mostly not available because of the crises and 2nd private generators with a high rate for kw like +0.40 cent … so im trying to put settings in my deye inverter when the grid is available i don t want the battery to be charged by grid and i need another option if grid is on just help the solar pv for my house consumption not use for battery charge …. Any help??

First you need to have the CT installed in your box it's how the inverter know if is sending or not energy to the grid, you need to send a minimum of 25W for it work well. (Confirm the correct installation of the CT it has an arrow but that means nothing because it depends on the black and white wire)

This is a print of my config I have one 5KW, max solar power is the max that inverter allow if yours is bigger or smaller then 5KW look in the manual and config it.

Grid Peak Shaving is the max value your contract with the build operator, if you have a bigger value than your inverter for example your contract is for 6.9KW from grid and your inverter is of 5KW, un-check the box.

If you have doubt with other configuration just ask but this is what you need to not feed the grid with your battery.

Attachments

• 1673745891188.jpeg
    1673745891188.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 43
First you need to have the CT installed in your box it's how the inverter know if is sending or not energy to the grid, you need to send a minimum of 25W for it work well. (Confirm the correct installation of the CT it has an arrow but that means nothing because it depends on the black and white wire)

This is a print of my config I have one 5KW, max solar power is the max that inverter allow if yours is bigger or smaller then 5KW look in the manual and config it.

Grid Peak Shaving is the max value your contract with the build operator, if you have a bigger value than your inverter for example your contract is for 6.9KW from grid and your inverter is of 5KW, un-check the box.

If you have doubt with other configuration just ask but this is what you need to not feed the grid with your battery.
My inverter is 8kw and my solar pannels are 6500watts but the issue i dont want the grid to charge my batt bcz will be so expensive …. I just didn’t get the grid peak shaving thing i ll search on youtube

My inverter is 8kw and my solar pannels are 6500watts but the issue i dont want the grid to charge my batt bcz will be so expensive …. I just didn’t get the grid peak shaving thing i ll search on youtube

If you have a 8Kw replace the 6500W with 10400W.

The grid peak is for not trip the meter of the grid. In my case my load is higher than my contract so with it I limit the max I can get from the grid the remain came from solar and batteries.

For not charge from grid, uncheck the Grid Charge, I charge at night with 30A you can also put that 30A at 0.

Attachments

• 1673779799828.jpeg
    1673779799828.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 16
The best source I know for Deye and Sunnysky is this guy Keith, Sunnysky menus have a different graphic but is the same inverter.

If you have a 8Kw replace the 6500W with 10400W.

The grid peak is for not trip the meter of the grid. In my case my load is higher than my contract so with it I limit the max I can get from the grid the remain came from solar and batteries.

For not charge from grid, uncheck the Grid Charge, I charge at night with 30A you can also put that 30A at 0.
Thank you for your help… my problem is i have 2 grids as i said on top of the subject one of the government EDL which is so cheap but it rarely On bc of the crises but their s another grid which is private generators and so expensive like 0.45$ cent for 1kw so im trying to find a solution using grid but not so much and leave the solar to charge my battery or the 1 st grid EDL

The best source I know for Deye and Sunnysky is this guy Keith, Sunnysky menus have a different graphic but is the same inverter.
My grid of edl is 15 amps 3300 kw and from 2nd grid private generator is 10 amps 2200 kw my solar is 6500w but u know i only use my grid in rainy and cloudy weather to help battery not be discharge to zero i have 4 lithium 100 amps each total 400 amps my consumption at home max max was 1500 kw 2000kw max so im trying to find a solution of settings … NB and i am new in solar system just build it and learning on about the settings

Thank you for your help… my problem is i have 2 grids as i said on top of the subject one of the government EDL which is so cheap but it rarely On bc of the crises but their s another grid which is private generators and so expensive like 0.45$ cent for 1kw so im trying to find a solution using grid but not so much and leave the solar to charge my battery or the 1 st grid EDL

How do you change from one grid to the another?

My grid of edl is 15 amps 3300 kw and from 2nd grid private generator is 10 amps 2200 kw my solar is 6500w but u know i only use my grid in rainy and cloudy weather to help battery not be discharge to zero i have 4 lithium 100 amps each total 400 amps my consumption at home max max was 1500 kw 2000kw max so im trying to find a solution of settings … NB and i am new in solar system just build it and learning on about the settings
You should set the Peak Shaving to 2200W to not trip the grid circuit, or 3300W if you need more than 2200W and don't mind to trip the private grid.

If I understand correctly. You have both, a government grid and a privately owned grid. Both feed into an automatic transfer switch which connects to whichever one is available. You only want to connect to the government grid. Because it's much cheaper, although very unreliable. And you don't want to charge from it. Only use it for loads, when it's available.
All of this is selectable in your settings. Just watch the video above.

If I understand correctly. You have both, a government grid and a privately owned grid. Both feed into an automatic transfer switch which connects to whichever one is available. You only want to connect to the government grid. Because it's much cheaper, although very unreliable. And you don't want to charge from it. Only use it for loads, when it's available.
All of this is selectable in your settings. Just watch the video above.
Thx

Back