diy solar

diy solar

Need help Hooking up a Zamp Solar panel to a EcoFlow Delta

Mr. Tommy

First time here and LOVE Will's efforts to help us all here
I want to buy a EcoFlow Delta
But I have a specialized question:
I already have a 200watt Zamp Solar panel—which as you know—uses a Polarity Reverse Connector
The EcoFlow Delta accepts a MT60 connector and comes with those cables.
What do I need to make a Zamp Polarity Reverse Connector to a MT60?
There’s nothing like ready made on the market.

Could I just buy the cable below, cut off the Zamp connecter end and solder and heat shrink it to the provided MT60 cable that comes with the EcoFlow Delta?
https://www.amazon.com/LIXINTIAN-Co...ix=Anderson+power+pole+and+SAE,aps,246&sr=8-8

I'm glad you know that the Zamp is reverse polarity, I learned that when the plug broke and had to replace it. Your EcoFlow Delta's warranty would be voided (which you probably know). I'm not that happy with my Delta right now, so you might want to find a better unit. I also have a Zamp portable panel (170w) that I connect to my van's house batteries (via a Victron controller). I thought about using it with the Delta, soon realized it was too complicated, so instead I bought their panel kit and it just doesn't bring in enough juice to charge very fast and I'm not going to hook up 3 of those (let alone buy them).
I resorted to charging my Delta (when not able by shore power) by using my house batteries and the 110 outlets through the inverter. I have 500 watts on the roof when parked, and if possible I put out the Zamp.

Thank you Andrea
I have a question:
1) You said you have a 170w Zamp but hook it up to your house batteries with a Victron Controller. Doesn't your Zamp already have a built in waterproof controller? Mine does. I bought an additional metal Zamp female plug mount with a wiring harness on the back, mounted it under my battery bay, then ran the two wires from that plug mount to my house batteries. No need for a different controller

After posting I decided to buy a Bluetti AC200P instead. Heavier yes, but way more amp hours and versitility. Now I need to figure out how to hook it up to the Zamp as an alternative charging source. I may just con't to hook up my Zamp to the house batteries and then use my house batteries and inverter to charge the Bluetti like your doing. The Bluetti is a standby unit for when there's no power, power outages, emergencies or times when I don't want to run my generator.

I'm glad you went with the AC200P. I'm limited with what I can lift (old back) so I had to settle for the Delta, plus I primarily use it in my Sprinter which is already crowded. I don't actually know if the Zamp has it's own controller. When I purchased the Zamp a few years ago, probably 2017 while traveling through Oregon, the guys at the shop told me what they thought should be done, I just said "make it so." They replaced the old PWM that was inside with a Victron MPPT (75/15A) so that the 100w panel that was on the roof and the Zamp were both using the same controller to charge the 2 AGM house batteries. I just trusted them to do what was best. Since then, this year, I had four 100 watt panels installed on the rooftop (sacrificed the cool deck and used drawer slides for two of them) along with an additional controller (30A PWM), a Bogart Engineering BMS, a new converter unit, etc. It's an interesting set-up and so far seems to be working okay, but I really wish I could just start over. Before getting the extra panels I had bought the Delta thinking it would be enough, but it's a challenge to say the least. (sorry to be so long-winded, I put my friends to sleep when I start talking about all this stuff, :)).

Last edited:
I'm glad you went with the AC200P. I'm limited with what I can lift (old back) so I had to settle for the Delta, plus I primarily use it in my Sprinter which is already crowded. I don't actually know if the Zamp has it's own controller. When I purchased the Zamp a few years ago, probably 2017 while traveling through Oregon, the guys at the shop told me what they thought should be done, I just said "make it so." They replaced the old PWM that was inside with a Victron MPPT (75/15A) so that the 100w panel that was on the roof and the Zamp were both using the same controller to charge the 2 AGM house batteries. I just trusted them to do what was best. Since then, this year, I had four 100 watt panels installed on the rooftop (sacrificed the cool deck and used drawer slides for two of them) along with an additional controller (30A PWM), a Bogart Engineering BMS, a new converter unit, etc. It's an interesting set-up and so far seems to be working okay, but I really wish I could just start over. Before getting the extra panels I had bought the Delta thinking it would be enough, but it's a challenge to say the least. (sorry to be so long-winded, I put my friends to sleep when I start talking about all this stuff, :)).
No problem. I also like talking a lot. Whenever someone asks me a question I always reply, "do you want the 30 minute short answer or the 1 hour detailed answer? ?

? Right. Correction, my Zamp panels are only 140 watts (70 each) and even though you can use their connectors to go to the Delta, which you do not have but I do, that reverse polarity thing is troublesome.

Back